• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "State of the Market"

Collapse

• SchumiStars
    replied
    Got an idea.

https://youtu.be/n4zeLLOGu0k?si=WV-UINGNGTmVtF15

Leave a comment:

• sadkingbilly
    replied
    Originally posted by escapeUK View Post

Hit that block button, problem solved. Then you can focus on your much bigger issue, of being one of life's oxygen thieves.
    ooer, getting testy now. still, makes a change from the pathetic whining, i suppose

Leave a comment:

• escapeUK
    replied
    Originally posted by sadkingbilly View Post

or perpetually whinging, like you, you mean?
    Hit that block button, problem solved. Then you can focus on your much bigger issue, of being one of life's oxygen thieves.

Leave a comment:

• sadkingbilly
    replied

Spend your time doing work rather than tossing it off on forums and you won't notice.
    or perpetually whinging, like you, you mean?

Leave a comment:

• escapeUK
    replied
    Originally posted by sadkingbilly View Post

geez! are you still here?? i mean, really?
    Spend your time doing work rather than tossing it off on forums and you won't notice.

Leave a comment:

• sadkingbilly
    replied

Yet another sign of an economy where the majority does not have disposable money to spend. Mortgages, energy, food etc all far too much. And the occupational government thinks they are going to raise taxes in October! Its starmageddon. I honest think we are in for a real winter of discontent. Not the boomer pretend one where people were just a bit miffed.
    geez! are you still here?? i mean, really?

Leave a comment:

• escapeUK
    replied
    Originally posted by BlueSharp View Post
    TGI Friday has gone bust, it is not a good market for pot washers or busboys.
    Yet another sign of an economy where the majority does not have disposable money to spend. Mortgages, energy, food etc all far too much. And the occupational government thinks they are going to raise taxes in October! Its starmageddon. I honest think we are in for a real winter of discontent. Not the boomer pretend one where people were just a bit miffed.

Leave a comment:

• hungry_hog
    replied
    Originally posted by SchumiStars View Post

Did anyone ever goto TGI Fridays?
    For me in mid 90s, very much a late teens "early days of meals out with mates" type place. Similar to Old Orleans, Garfunkels, Chiquito etc. You would have 3 courses and a cocktail for 30 quid max.

Once working and earning decent money we realised there are better places. Still better than Nando's though!

Leave a comment:

• Snooky
    replied

We used to go every so often when the kids were young, it was noisy but fine. Now they're all adults, they went there the other day for a meal for the first time in years and said it was so-so, lots of their favourites were no longer on the menu. Couple of days later, they go into administration! No connection, I'm sure

Leave a comment:

• avonleigh
    replied

Used to go regularly. Kids loved it. However, last two times we went was an awful experience. So not surprised by this. Real shame as it was a nice restaurant before.

Leave a comment:

• SussexSeagull
    replied

Apparently not!

Leave a comment:

• SchumiStars
    replied

Originally posted by BlueSharp View Post

Leave a comment:

• BlueSharp
    replied

Leave a comment:

• TheDude
    replied
    Just getting my feet under the table at my new public sector gig and it turns out plans to hand development to a large consultancy with a reputation for low pay and shoddy work have been brought forward and all subcontractors are at risk.

Looks like this could be my shortest ever gig and I have just gone through all the effort of starting a new company.
    Last edited by TheDude; 18 September 2024, 13:43.

Leave a comment:

• willendure
    replied
    Originally posted by dsc View Post
    Even assuming that things are going sideways, you'd think that some projects would emerge at some stage. Otherwise how the hell are companies making money? there's only so many people you can sack to fake profits.
    There are a lot of zombie companies right now, and a still approaching wall of zombie refinance. This means companies that borrowed cheaply in 2020 when interest rates were low, but are debt reliant and not profitable, will see 5 year loans mature in 2025 that they must refinance-or-die. If interest rates are put back low, its because of an emergency, it does not necessarily mean money will be available to all at good rates, since loan conditions will also be tighter. For example, in 2009, rates were very low but banks were not lending.

https://fortune.com/2024/06/07/zombi...ar-debt-loans/

Leave a comment:

Working...
X