• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Contract Spy - Legit or not?"

Collapse

• DavidSC
    replied
    I received an email from Contract Spy a few weeks ago using an email address that was only present on a CV I'd posted to Reed.

The premise of the site is to bypass recruitment agengies and go direct - but every single time I've worked direct for a client they have always messed about when it comes to paying me. Never paid on time and sometimes paid the wrong amounts.

Never had this problem when working through an agency - there are other problems for sure, but I've always been paid correctly and on time.

Think I'll give this shower a very wide bearth.

Leave a comment:

• Paralytic
    replied
    Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
    They check 1000’s of sites a day

After I have a bills or Cortes breakfast, it’s nearly time for lunch, then a few gins, then cinema or bowling or cocktails - then to the spirts bar or such like

Where would I find the time ?
    Get your PA to check them?

Leave a comment:

• GhostofTarbera
    replied
    Originally posted by Paralytic View Post
    It sounds like this service is good for those that have too much money or not enough time. But, if you're out of a role, surely you can check these sites yourself? So, it must be the former?
    They check 1000’s of sites a day

After I have a bills or Cortes breakfast, it’s nearly time for lunch, then a few gins, then cinema or bowling or cocktails - then to the spirts bar or such like

Where would I find the time ?

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Leave a comment:

• Paralytic
    replied
    Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
    I signed up last month also (when mentioned on here) my current 2 best leads are via the site and progressing, yes they just screen scrape a bunch of company job boards (metro, TSB, Whitbread ) etc, but I would have never had visited any of these sites myself

Will report back on how easy to cancel when I get a role
    It sounds like this service is good for those that have too much money or not enough time. But, if you're out of a role, surely you can check these sites yourself? So, it must be the former?

Leave a comment:

• GhostofTarbera
    replied
    I signed up last month also (when mentioned on here) my current 2 best leads are via the site and progressing, yes they just screen scrape a bunch of company job boards (metro, TSB, Whitbread ) etc, but I would have never had visited any of these sites myself

Will report back on how easy to cancel when I get a role

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Let us know how easy the cancellation went.

Leave a comment:

• hairymouse
    replied
    I've been signed up for 2 months now, since I've been on the bench. Not sure what claims were made in any marketing emails, but it's not rocket science. They scrape a bunch of sources and look for contracts that are offered direct by end clients. Every day, they send a digest with about 20 contracts listed, all different skills and all over the country. Some of these are listed on job boards, but I guess not through agencies. Some appear to be scraped from the careers pages of various websites and are therefore more hidden.

Seems worth it to me while I am looking , will certainly cancel once I am in a contract.

Leave a comment:

• hhin
    replied
    Got an email from this company, they probably scrapped my email from cwjobs.
    Too good to be true, in my opinion, if what they say is genuinely going to happen.

Only a very few companies I know did direct IR35 outside daily rate contracts in the last 8-10 years.
    The situation only going to get tighter post April 2020 private sector legislation.

Originally posted by thus78 View Post
    It is just an another guy who is thinking that an online service he developed can return thousands to his debit without working 09:00 - 17:00. I received an email from this Contract Spy website today and then marked it as a spam. I am quite happy to work with agencies. Or there are clients out there can easily find me through LinkedIn for £0 per month.

Leave a comment:

• thus78
    replied
    It is just an another guy who is thinking that an online service he developed can return thousands to his debit without working 09:00 - 17:00. I received an email from this Contract Spy website today and then marked it as a spam. I am quite happy to work with agencies. Or there are clients out there can easily find me through LinkedIn for £0 per month.

Leave a comment:

• quackhandle
    replied
    How strange the owner of contract spy also runs an IT recruitment agency.

So one business is telling you not to use his other business.

qh

Leave a comment:

• SeekingIT
    replied
    Contractor Spy

£29.99 now.......

Has anybody used them?

Leave a comment:

• MrMonkey23
    replied
    Contractor Spy

A company which makes money putting the contractor in touch with the client...

If only they had said it cuts out the agency, that would sound a awful lot like a, dare I say, Agency?

Leave a comment:

• Drei
    replied
    I just got an e-mail from them. They are now charging £19.99 for the service

Leave a comment:

• jmo21
    replied
    FWIW:
    registered to a Brian Stalley

A google search for him brings up these cached results:
    BiJobs, Business Intelligence and Analytics Jobs - BI Jobs plus
    http://www.bijobsplus.co.uk/about-bu...elligence-jobs
    BI Jobs was founded in 2015 by Brian Stalley, a recruiter with over 10 years experience in the sector. With the intention of developing the most authoritative and ...
    That page doesn't exist any more, and his name is not actually mentioned on that site

Also, this.
    About Us - Daylight Resources
    daylightresources.co.uk/index.php?main_page=about_us
    The Managing Director of the company, Brian Stalley, has spent over 20 years working within the I.T. industry, prior to moving into recruitment in the 1990's.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by Drei View Post
    Thank you.

The site is not quite Mikey mouse but I don't use it to target work, it's mainly to show that I have a presence (for HMRC, clients and for agents), plus it states the services offered. I didn't have the time to work on it so currently it has basic information. I wanted to make sure the basic info has the minimum required information.

I don't want to lose it because I didn't know the legal requirements. Used to do website pre 2006 and I don't remember every client asking me to put that info on their sites. Most did have their e-mail, contact info and business address.

Shouldn't be too hard to google the legislation and there will be plenty of other sites that will explain it I am sure.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X