• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Bank of America Merrill Lynch Contractor rate cut"

Collapse

• unixman
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Except that they all have rate cards so that's not an option.
    " We don't have any choice about what we pay people. We aren't capitalists, you see ".

Actual lol.

Leave a comment:

• nomadd
    replied
    Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
    One of them approached me last year after I suffered a rate cut there a few years earlier. I put in at £50 more than I went in on last time to pre-empt the rate cut. Didn't hear back
    £50 / hr is quite an increase, though.

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    One of them approached me last year after I suffered a rate cut there a few years earlier. I put in at £50 more than I went in on last time to pre-empt the rate cut. Didn't hear back

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    On reflection, there are two companies on this list that I did take a gig with and guess what ... I got a rate reduction from them.

For me it's lesson learned.
    Question is... If you knew it was going to happen would you have taken the gig?

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by cojak View Post
    MOO
    RoS
    D&C

I'll let you google those TLAs...
    Can I search for those using the CUK search function?

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by unixman View Post
    The contract breakers list - clients on this list are effectively saying "Please charge us 15% more from the outset".
    Except that they all have rate cards so that's not an option.

Leave a comment:

• fool
    replied
    Originally posted by unixman View Post
    The contract breakers list - clients on this list are effectively saying "Please charge us 15% more from the outset".
    If you can charge 15% more you should be charging 15% more, irregardless of who the client is.

Leave a comment:

• unixman
    replied
    Last edited by unixman; 7 October 2015, 09:53.

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Originally posted by heyya99 View Post
    What the these flags you speak of? *checks box of flags*
    MOO
    RoS
    D&C

I'll let you google those TLAs...

Leave a comment:

• heyya99
    replied
    It will be useful as it shows you are exposed to risk above and beyond a permie but it's still not up there with the three main flags. A disguised permie inside IR35 also gets hit with this as well so isn't a get out of jail card. Definitely one to be stored in the evidence file though.
    What the these flags you speak of? *checks box of flags*

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by gables View Post
    Out of interest, would a rate cut like this be good for IR35?
    It will be useful as it shows you are exposed to risk above and beyond a permie but it's still not up there with the three main flags. A disguised permie inside IR35 also gets hit with this as well so isn't a get out of jail card. Definitely one to be stored in the evidence file though.

Leave a comment:

• ShandyDrinker
    replied
    Originally posted by gables View Post
    I don't think it would make any difference.

Although the (failed) business entity tests did have the brilliant "Client Risk Test" whereby if you were unable to recover over 10% of turnover due to non payment you were should obviously score highly... rather than being considered rubbish at risk management!

Leave a comment:

• gables
    replied

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Well mail the site and tell them. They can only put on what they hear and can't always be proactive.
    The last bank I worked for me made me redundant from permanent job. I think I might just email that site out of spite for my last job. How do they check?

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    Rate cuts, furloughs certainly don't happen for all.

I have never had a furlough, or even being asked, even though others have at the same IB client co.
    My friend has dodged both, over the years, even though others have been subject to both at his IB client co.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X