• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Which bank for business?"

Collapse

• vwdan
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    Yep HSBC for business banking (just pay the £5.50 a month)

First direct for personal..
    Same here! Works for me.

Leave a comment:

• darrylmg
    replied
    Originally posted by rd409 View Post
    Have you tried calling them to change the statement dates? I did that a year ago, and it is smooth calender month statments now.
    HTH.
    Dave.
    OMG! Honestly didn't think of that!
    Thanks very much, you could save me an hour or so a month.

Leave a comment:

• Ebenezer
    replied

HSBC free for the first 18 months I think as well.

IMHO all banks are a pain in the arse when it comes to account opening, having an existing relationship, either business or personal, seems to help.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Didn't know that was an option - I'll request it.

Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• rd409
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    I'd agree with both. I have always been happy with Santander business banking too, but HSBC is the one I'd pick as best.

The only thing that annoys me is the bank statements don't run in sync with calender months, so every time I download my statements so I can poke them into InTouch's portal, I have to chop the files about and use a mixture of past statements and "recent transactions" - which are saved in slightly different formats.
    Have you tried calling them to change the statement dates? I did that a year ago, and it is smooth calender month statments now.
    HTH.
    Dave.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied

I'd agree with both. I have always been happy with Santander business banking too, but HSBC is the one I'd pick as best.

The only thing that annoys me is the bank statements don't run in sync with calender months, so every time I download my statements so I can poke them into InTouch's portal, I have to chop the files about and use a mixture of past statements and "recent transactions" - which are saved in slightly different formats.

Leave a comment:

• Unix
    replied
    RBS + Brooksons (Accountants) all integrated so it pulls in your expenses, bank statements etc.

Leave a comment:

• CheeseSlice
    replied
    +1 for HSBC. The monthly fee is the only downside, but whenever I need to call them I get through quickly and never get any numpties on the other end.

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Thanks all.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by Scruff View Post
    HSBC - proper bank and they have dedicated Business Centres in branch.

Great service (was previously with NatWest and Cater Allen).

Leave a comment:

• Scruff
    replied
    HSBC - proper bank and they have dedicated Business Centres in branch.

Great service (was previously with NatWest and Cater Allen).

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Santander for current account.

Aldermore for savings.

If you look on Moneysupermarket, they have a business accounts section as well, which gives some alternatives.

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by Sausage Surprise View Post
    Cater Allen (if they'll have you)
    Never heard of them.

Leave a comment:

• Sausage Surprise
    replied
    Cater Allen (if they'll have you)

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    started a topic Which bank for business?

Which bank for business?

Just had a proper falling out with my bank. Useless. Not the first time. Impossible to get hold of anyone, over beaurocratic red tape nonsense. Call centre in Mumbai. Can't get hold of the branch.

Fed up with the whole lot of it.

I just want a bank account that works.

Any suggestions? What about Metrobank? They look shiny.

Working...
X