• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Boredom and keeping busy"

Collapse

• GillsMan
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    They're not sensible suggestions if they're not practical.
    Oh hush.

Leave a comment:

• kal
    replied
    Originally posted by perplexed View Post
    It's Judge RInder. My wife actually knows him.

Surprising he did that show, he's a barrister who has done numerous high profile cases; Iraqi detainees amongst others.
    Aah yes getting him confused with that actor bloke from Beverley Hills Cop

Leave a comment:

• perplexed
    replied
    Originally posted by kal View Post
    Caught Judge Reinhold while <ahem>working from home</ahem> on Monday, Britain's answer to Judge Judy, he's as camp as a row of tents and the show is compulsive viewing
    It's Judge RInder. My wife actually knows him.

Surprising he did that show, he's a barrister who has done numerous high profile cases; Iraqi detainees amongst others.

Leave a comment:

• kal
    replied
    Originally posted by darrylmg View Post
    Storage Hunters on Dave. Cracking bargains they get.
    Caught Judge Reinhold while <ahem>working from home</ahem> on Monday, Britain's answer to Judge Judy, he's as camp as a row of tents and the show is compulsive viewing

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by GillsMan View Post
    Right, well all the sensible suggestions are met with reasons why you can't do them. Christ, what advice do you want from us? Get a new gig. There, that's your answer to overcoming boredom.
    They're not sensible suggestions if they're not practical.

Leave a comment:

• quackhandle
    replied
    Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
    Well that call just came an hour ago. Benched from the22nd
    tulipty luck, get that CV updated and get it out there!

Good Luck

qh

Leave a comment:

• Eirikur
    replied
    Sounds ideal, but it isn't. Not feeling happy about it and every time the person who calls herself my manager calls I think it's to say they are going to ditch the contract. Just not good for my nerves
    Well that call just came an hour ago. Benched from the22nd

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by Tasslehoff View Post
    Go Loo as many times as you can without drawing to much heat from Permies (around 5 times per day is the sweet spot)

Build up your Caffeine tolerance so you can have up to a dozen brews per day.

Go for a walk on your lunch. Even if it's as boring as a circuit of the business park (fml)

Interwebz
    I had a contract like that once, and used to do the coffee runs. They even made me a badge saying 'Tea Bitch'.

Leave a comment:

• Tasslehoff
    replied
    Go Loo as many times as you can without drawing to much heat from Permies (around 5 times per day is the sweet spot)

Build up your Caffeine tolerance so you can have up to a dozen brews per day.

Go for a walk on your lunch. Even if it's as boring as a circuit of the business park (fml)

Interwebz

Leave a comment:

• Eirikur
    replied
    Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
    2 days bored then, 3 days watching Jeremy Kyle and getting paid for it.

Perfect gig that aint it? WFH and no actual work to do.
    Sounds ideal, but it isn't. Not feeling happy about it and every time the person who calls herself my manager calls I think it's to say they are going to ditch the contract. Just not good for my nerves

Leave a comment:

• darrylmg
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    I like the way they try and make it out like they always fighting.
    The British version would involve queuing, lots of "excuse me, pardon me" and a gavel.
    No one would be asked to "back yo junk up outta ma face b##ch.".

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by darrylmg View Post
    I like the way they try and make it out like they always fighting.

Leave a comment:

• darrylmg
    replied
    Originally posted by psychocandy View Post

Leave a comment:

• psychocandy
    replied
    In a very similar situation at the moment. Just putting my CV on line and setting up email alerts.
    Luckily I can work 3 days per week from home on this gig, so no problems when pimps call

Leave a comment:

• Eirikur
    replied
    In a very similar situation at the moment. Just putting my CV on line and setting up email alerts.
    Luckily I can work 3 days per week from home on this gig, so no problems when pimps call

Leave a comment:

Working...
X