• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "UK Paying France £54M to take back control over their own borders"

Collapse

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    We're trying our best to make the UK undesirable, it's just not working.
    Nope because so many cross those nice EU countries despite forced vaccination etc to get here.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    We're trying our best to make the UK undesirable, it's just not working.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Cheaper to stop them leaving than to deal with them arriving.
    And 54m... we were paying that every day pre-Brexit i heard.
    Indeed it would be.

However stopping the pull factors is even cheaper. If you come from France your asylum application will be refused.

Even Macaroon isn't that bad you can claim asylum.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Cheaper to stop them leaving than to deal with them arriving.
    And 54m... we were paying that every day pre-Brexit i heard.

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post

you take their fingerprints and its even faster next time.
    At least for those illegal immigrants who report themselves at a police station.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post

Indeed so that they can simply return again.
    you take their fingerprints and its even faster next time.

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    We probably need to get some landing craft and drop them off on the beaches.
    Indeed so that they can simply return again.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    We probably need to get some landing craft and drop them off on the beaches.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by Mordac View Post
    It wouldn't surprise me if the French went out and spent the whole lot on more boats...
    And when quizzed on the number of migrants arriving in the UK just said 'Whoopsie, our bad. Sorry not sorry'

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    The French don't seem to have any control of their own borders, so one wonders why the UK govt has paid them £54m to stop people leaving France. It wouldn't surprise me if the French went out and spent the whole lot on more boats...

Leave a comment:

• UK Paying France £54M to take back control over their own borders

By having them controlled by France
    After paying £28.2m to France last November
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-57916659

Maybe someone should tell the government it's cheaper to outsource the border to India. I'm sure Rishi Sunak could help them with that.

Working...
X