• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Great trade deal with Oz and NZ"

Collapse

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post

Paywall.

If British farmers cannot persuade people to buy lamb from a few miles away rather than literally the farthest reaches of the globe, something is seriously wrong. British lamb is wonderful...
    Nah Welsh lamb is really wonderful, more meaty. If we can't produce it or differentiate via quality then how do they expect to survive in a global market.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
    worth 0.02% of GDP and will kill off the British sheep farmers.
    https://www.ft.com/content/8c5f7a0c-...e-fe721dc08701
    Paywall.

If British farmers cannot persuade people to buy lamb from a few miles away rather than literally the farthest reaches of the globe, something is seriously wrong. British lamb is wonderful...

Leave a comment:

• _V_
    replied
    Originally posted by Eirikur View Post

Sell them as lamb mince, brexidiots won't know the difference
    Brexit Britons will be eating bugs, not lamb or even mice.

https://www.ft.com/content/252c7358-...0-4b06922d7f6c

As fears mount over the environmental impact of the agricultural system, entrepreneurs are rushing to develop new ways to feed the planet’s growing population. Insects are rich in protein and other essential nutrients and can be reared at scale with minimal environmental impact.

Leave a comment:

• GigiBronz
    replied
    Originally posted by Paddy View Post
    Beware of chocolate chip cookies from Oz

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/world-australia-57225103
    Sausage instead?

Leave a comment:

• Eirikur
    replied
    Originally posted by Paddy View Post

Sell them as lamb mince, brexidiots won't know the difference

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by BR14 View Post

so what are you living on? fresh air?
    his earnings from working the docks!

Leave a comment:

• BR14
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    A source who wished to remain anonymous at Number 10 has reportedly said - “me fecking farmers are giving me gyp
    FTFY

Leave a comment:

• TestMangler
    replied
    Originally posted by GigiBronz View Post

And I am sure the above does not apply to LM, I think I've seen some comments on this forum regarding her fetching looks.

Does that mean you throw things for her and then shout 'Fetch !'

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    A source who wished to remain anonymous at Number 10 has reportedly said - “**** farmers”

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied

And I am sure the above does not apply to LM, I think I've seen some comments on this forum regarding her fetching looks.

NLUK is not a reliable witness

Leave a comment:

• BR14
    replied

yes, I am not keen on starting work again if it means only affording to pay bills. And that is what permi salaries get's you in London and surrounding area.
    so what are you living on? fresh air?

Leave a comment:

• GigiBronz
    replied
    Originally posted by Whorty View Post

You think it's ok to joke about women being traded as sex objects?
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

Maybe he meant he'd like those girls to be trans and perhaps the trade deal will enable that for them?
    I don't think that was what I was going to say. More in the terms of free movement and them coming on their own.

If you want to hear the offensive part that I was thinking: English women are not particularly recognised for their looks, they might have a good personality, more down to earth, elegance but not good looks. There are of course some counter examples.

You can't see that in London of course because a good part of population is migrant but once all the 'au pairs', spanish waitress stop coming ...

Beauty is one of the few fine things in life, now you cannot comment upon it because conversation is a minefield. Imagine painters and poets spending all their life praising beauty and now.... oh you can't say that sir, it's offensive.

Wouldn't you have to work first in order to pay tax to pay for our state pension? And maybe not be a contractor too, avoiding NI
    This is a long subject, I am sure I've blabbed quite a lot on it. But overall, yes, I am not keen on starting work again if it means only affording to pay bills. And that is what permi salaries get's you in London and surrounding area.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied

You think it's ok to joke about women being traded as sex objects?
    Maybe he meant he'd like those girls to be trans and perhaps the trade deal will enable that for them?

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied

Oy... considering how many of the gen X are retiring in the next few years, you are not very kind with the people that will be paying your pension.
    I understand Benedorm is off table for now but you shouldn't take your frustration on the 'foreiners'... it was your own government that did this.

And it could have been a lot worse, you all people could have been digging ditches and doing all the work. Imagine that. Flipping hell all that work even raises the hair on my back even thinking of it.
    Wouldn't you have to work first in order to pay tax to pay for our state pension? And maybe not be a contractor too, avoiding NI

Leave a comment:

Working...
X