• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Great trade deal with Oz and NZ

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great trade deal with Oz and NZ

worth 0.02% of GDP and will kill off the British sheep farmers.
    https://www.ft.com/content/8c5f7a0c-...e-fe721dc08701

Lets compare it to the much longer discussed but as yet to be agreed EU/NZ descriptions.

https://www.newsroom.co.nz/a-tale-of...e-negotiations

It seems the Irish are worried

https://www.farmersjournal.ie/uk-clo...zealand-615708

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

I never found hardly any British lamb or mutton in UK supermarkets even when the UK was part of the EU. It all seemed to be NZ and Australian meat.

So this is not an area I am expecting to see much change before or after the split?
      First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Originally posted by _V_ View Post
        I never found hardly any British lamb or mutton in UK supermarkets even when the UK was part of the EU. It all seemed to be NZ and Australian meat.

So this is not an area I am expecting to see much change before or after the split?
        how very dare you - once we leave the EU we are going to be more vulnerable than a drunken sailor!

Comment

Originally posted by _V_ View Post

Doesn't really affect the consumer, this is more a problem for farmers. Interestingly the tabloid press who used to get incredibly emotional about farmers and fisherman now seem to be quite happy to see them disappear.
          I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
            worth 0.02% of GDP and will kill off the British sheep farmers.
            https://www.ft.com/content/8c5f7a0c-...e-fe721dc08701
            Clearly, this is designed to be a starter and trade will grow as the two countries continue to discuss and identify areas of comparative advantage.

Comment

I wouldn’t mind the oz and nz girls to be frank. Is there a deal for that comming?

in terms of standards, I still believe EU standards is the best you could do.

Comment

Originally posted by GigiBronz View Post
                I wouldn’t mind the oz and nz girls to be frank. Is there a deal for that comming?

in terms of standards, I still believe EU standards is the best you could do.
                so sod off back there then you miserable twat

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post

so sod off back there then you miserable twat
                  Oy... considering how many of the gen X are retiring in the next few years, you are not very kind with the people that will be paying your pension.
                  I understand Benedorm is off table for now but you shouldn't take your frustration on the 'foreiners'... it was your own government that did this.

And it could have been a lot worse, you all people could have been digging ditches and doing all the work. Imagine that. Flipping hell all that work even raises the hair on my back even thinking of it.

Comment

Originally posted by GigiBronz View Post

Oy... considering how many of the gen X are retiring in the next few years, you are not very kind with the people that will be paying your pension.
                    I understand Benedorm is off table for now but you shouldn't take your frustration on the 'foreiners'... it was your own government that did this.

And it could have been a lot worse, you all people could have been digging ditches and doing all the work. Imagine that. Flipping hell all that work even raises the hair on my back even thinking of it.
                    Digging ditches isn't that hard now breaking rocks & concreting that is hard... You whipper snappers would never manage it!

Comment

Working...
                    X