• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "ToryGraph front page: "Will we really be banned from visiting the EU from January 1?""

Collapse

• DealorNoDeal
    replied
    Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
    It will be a fun gammonface week with BR14, Ziggy, Bean and Shauny who will cook his potato recipe
    Fook, what a motley crew they would be.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    Shauny's Brexit plan is now reduced to expanding the range of fish that he eats, and swapping his week in Benidorm to a dirty weekend in Blackpool with BR14.
    He will have 20 new fish fillings for his “meals on wheels| hot potatoes solution

Leave a comment:

• Eirikur
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    Shauny's Brexit plan is now reduced to expanding the range of fish that he eats, and swapping his week in Benidorm to a dirty weekend in Blackpool with BR14.
    It will be a fun gammonface week with BR14, Ziggy, Bean and Shauny who will cook his potato recipe

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    Ah, Sean back to his old claim that the only tourists in all the world are British.

And when he goes to Spain, I suspect he seeks out the British pub run by “expats” - i.e. immigrants.
    Yes, those places, run by Brits purely to attract Brits - they will suffer. Thankfully other countries also have people who travel on holiday.

Spain - tourism is 10% of their GDP. UK tourists account for 19.5% of that, in other words UK tourism to Spain is 2% of their GDP.
    Greece - tourism is 11% of their GDP. The UK was responsible for 14.5% of the tourist € spent in 2019. In other words, UK tourism in Greece is 0.75% of their GDP.
    UK - tourism is 10% of the GDP. Of the €30 billion spend by foreign tourists, approx €20 billion of that came from EU tourists, or about 4% of the GDP.

Shall I go on with more figures, or are you happy to continue posting twaddle?

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Ah, Sean back to his old claim that the only tourists in all the world are British.

And when he goes to Spain, I suspect he seeks out the British pub run by “expats” - i.e. immigrants.
    Yes, those places, run by Brits purely to attract Brits - they will suffer. Thankfully other countries also have people who travel on holiday.

Spain - tourism is 10% of their GDP. UK tourists account for 19.5% of that, in other words UK tourism to Spain is 2% of their GDP.
    Greece - tourism is 11% of their GDP. The UK was responsible for 14.5% of the tourist € spent in 2019. In other words, UK tourism in Greece is 0.75% of their GDP.
    UK - tourism is 10% of the GDP. Of the €30 billion spend by foreign tourists, approx €20 billion of that came from EU tourists, or about 4% of the GDP.

Shall I go on with more figures, or are you happy to continue posting twaddle?

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by _V_ View Post
    Sounds like a massive win for the EU, banning all UK citizens. It will probably be so popular they will make it permanent.
    I am sure that putting hurdles in the path of British tourists will go down a storm with those trying to balance the books of the beleaguered economies of Spain, Portugal, and Greece where Tourism is so pivotal.

Still, maybe Mutty Merkel can throw them a few more billion from the Euro pot to buy off their anger.

As long as Macron pulls his weight and digs deep too of course.

Leave a comment:

• Eirikur
    replied
    Originally posted by clearedforlanding View Post
    I met a prominent Brexiteer at a shoot in the Cotswolds a few months back. After announcing to me it was Brexit country "
    If it was in the Oxfordshire part of the Cotswolds, he was lying, even Cameron's Tory Witney constituency, which covers part of the Cotswolds, voted 53.7% remain. Oxfordshire overall was close to 60%

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by clearedforlanding View Post
    I met a prominent Brexiteer at a shoot in the Cotswolds a few months back. After announcing to me it was Brexit country he told me over lunch "We have everything we need here and what we don't have we have in the South of France", he then asked me to email him as he had some work that my company could do (I am that desperate ). "It might take me a couple of weeks to get back to you as we are going to our house in Antigua".

The UK truly has all he needs. The irony of what he was saying, the fact the my company is based in the EU, the fact that it will take 4 months for him to get his labs to his house in France- all was lost on him. It was hard to keep a straight place.

Brexiteers opinions will not change when they are presented with facts.

That said, he did come through with the contract
    Facts won't change their opinion only the final reality when he discovers he can't get to France..

Leave a comment:

• clearedforlanding
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    There should be a simple question at border and on any visa applications - "Did you vote or otherwise support Brexit?"

Failure to answer at all or truthfully - big fine and lifetime ban on visits.
    True answer YES will be treated with offer to pay large Brexit damage duty OR lifetime ban on visits.

Only fair.
    I met a prominent Brexiteer at a shoot in the Cotswolds a few months back. After announcing to me it was Brexit country he told me over lunch "We have everything we need here and what we don't have we have in the South of France", he then asked me to email him as he had some work that my company could do (I am that desperate ). "It might take me a couple of weeks to get back to you as we are going to our house in Antigua".

The UK truly has all he needs. The irony of what he was saying, the fact the my company is based in the EU, the fact that it will take 4 months for him to get his labs to his house in France- all was lost on him. It was hard to keep a straight place.

Brexiteers opinions will not change when they are presented with facts.

That said, he did come through with the contract

Leave a comment:

• _V_
    replied
    Sounds like a massive win for the EU, banning all UK citizens. It will probably be so popular they will make it permanent.

I guess we could fly to Syria, become a refugee in Turkey and then take a short boat trip to Greece that way.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Seems fair.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    "Will we really be banned from visiting the EU from January 1?

Will governments in Athens and Lisbon throw the economies of Corfu and the Algarve under the bus in their slavish adherence to EU guidance?

Just when you thought things couldn’t get any worse…

For nine months Covid restrictions have thwarted British sunseekers, rendering trips to much of the world virtually impossible. The beleaguered travel industry is on the brink, with Tui, Europe’s largest tour operator, today posting a loss of €3bn (£2.7bn).

Now, to add insult to injury, it is being reported that Britons will be barred from visiting the whole of the EU after Brexit unless its Covid infection rates tumbles. Airlines will be forced to cancel thousands of flights, hundreds of travel firms will surely go under, and trips to the Canaries, Croatia and the Costa del Sol will be scuppered.

Or will they?"

Will we really be banned from visiting the EU from January 1?

Hillarious - ToryGraph Brexit fooks are concerned that they won't be able to go to EU whenever they fancy it, and hope the border control laws will be deemed as "guidance"
    When will you REMONANERS get it that the UK holds all the cards, and can have its cake and eat it. YLGOI

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    There should be a simple question at border and on any visa applications - "Did you vote or otherwise support Brexit?"

Failure to answer at all or truthfully - big fine and lifetime ban on visits.
    True answer YES will be treated with offer to pay large Brexit damage duty OR lifetime ban on visits.

Only fair.

Leave a comment:

• ToryGraph front page: "Will we really be banned from visiting the EU from January 1?"

"Will we really be banned from visiting the EU from January 1?

Will governments in Athens and Lisbon throw the economies of Corfu and the Algarve under the bus in their slavish adherence to EU guidance?

Just when you thought things couldn’t get any worse…

For nine months Covid restrictions have thwarted British sunseekers, rendering trips to much of the world virtually impossible. The beleaguered travel industry is on the brink, with Tui, Europe’s largest tour operator, today posting a loss of €3bn (£2.7bn).

Now, to add insult to injury, it is being reported that Britons will be barred from visiting the whole of the EU after Brexit unless its Covid infection rates tumbles. Airlines will be forced to cancel thousands of flights, hundreds of travel firms will surely go under, and trips to the Canaries, Croatia and the Costa del Sol will be scuppered.

Or will they?"

Will we really be banned from visiting the EU from January 1?

Hillarious - ToryGraph Brexit fooks are concerned that they won't be able to go to EU whenever they fancy it, and hope the border control laws will be deemed as "guidance"

Working...
X