• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: £25,600

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "£25,600"

Collapse

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    It's going to be the new top rate.

HTH
    Is that you speaking as an employer?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    30 years ago that was a VERY high starting salary. So I'm not sure how relevant it is.
    It's going to be the new top rate.

HTH

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by Uncle Albert View Post
    £26,000 was my first salary (after a 3 month probationary period on £19K) and that was 30 years ago. It's pretty depressing to hear that some parts of the UK consider that a respectable salary now.
    30 years ago that was a VERY high starting salary. So I'm not sure how relevant it is.
    Given you can buy a nice house for £70k in said areas.

Leave a comment:

• Uncle Albert
    replied
    In some areas it's a pretty respectable salary.
    £26,000 was my first salary (after a 3 month probationary period on £19K) and that was 30 years ago. It's pretty depressing to hear that some parts of the UK consider that a respectable salary now.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    £26,500???

I earn more than that taking dumps in a year.
    See a doctor!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• TestMangler
    replied
    May well be.....but it's not 'The best brains in the world' level, is it ?

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    “ Points will also be awarded for speaking good English or for having an outstanding educational background.”

Immigration: Salary threshold set to be lowered - BBC News

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    Even in your new job? (congrats by the way)
    I certainly plan on it.. I don't actually have a new job but thank you!

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    £26,500???

Even in your new job? (congrats by the way)

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    £26,500???

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Cheap IT labour salary is under £25k shirley?
    So basically the majority of the UK IT workforce then....

Leave a comment:

• KinooOrKinog
    replied
    Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
    Boris wants to attract 'the best brains in the world'. Nothing screams that more than the offer of £26500.
    Not much more than minimum wage so makes you think why would people bother really.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
    Boris wants to attract 'the best brains in the world'. Nothing screams that more than the offer of £26500.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    To morons on here who voted for Brexit hoping it would reduce flow of cheap IT labour --->
    Cheap IT labour salary is under £25k shirley?

Leave a comment:

• Stevie Wonder Boy
    replied
    "The government should drop the salary threshold for immigrants by more than £4,000, a committee has advised.

Skilled migrants from outside the EU currently need to have a job offer with a minimum salary of £30,000.

But the Migration Advisory Committee (MAC) said it should fall to £25,600 for all workers to help recruit teachers and skilled NHS staff.

The committee's chair also called Boris Johnson's proposal for a new points-based immigration system a "soundbite".

Mr Johnson said he wanted a scheme, based on Australia's system, during his summer campaign to lead the Conservative Party, and he made it a key pledge during the election."

Migrant salary threshold fall 'would boost public sector' - BBC News

To morons on here who voted for Brexit hoping it would reduce flow of cheap IT labour --->
    It's 25,600 and an actual job offer more than an ex-con from Eastern Europe needs now. Love all the mocking and silly comments.

If this change makes you feel insecure then I suggest you need to up skill.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X