• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: £ 30,000

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "£ 30,000"

Collapse

• Benny
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    I'd prefer the Basque region myself but I do fancy visiting Cadiz, I have to say.
    I found the Basque region a bit meh - a bit like Wales where the locals appear to be very insular & resent foreigners
    Cadiz was the one place where a photo of the stricken HMS Sheffield was predominately displayed in a locals window & all I could do to stop myself kicking in the front door
    Twats!

Leave a comment:

• GigiBronz
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    I'd prefer the Basque region myself but I do fancy visiting Cadiz, I have to say.
    They'll probably end up with "the rock" anyway after the negotiation. Why not extend it a bit and make it a business friendly place to lure UK business in. English speaking, same law principles, just a different location.
    Wouldn't be too bad.

Leave a comment:

• PCTNN
    replied
    Let's play a "fun" game.

In addition to all the IT jobs, what other jobs can Indian immigrants take away from the brits? I say pretty much all the jobs that don't pay minimum wage; for the minimum wage ones, employers will still prefer a brit over an Indian.

Leave a comment:

• Cirrus
    replied
    Originally posted by PCTNN View Post
    xenophobic brexiters thickos didn't see this coming.
    All along the Indians were quite open and saying "While you are in the EU we have to accept whatever we can but the moment you're out you're going to have to grovel for a trade deal!" The brexiteers had full access to that information but couldn't see it. That was mainly because they had their heads buried in the sand. And still have.

But not for much longer

Leave a comment:

• Cirrus
    replied
    Originally posted by PCTNN View Post
    the quality of indian takeaways will improve a lot.
    80% of Indian restaurants are Bangladeshi, I believe.

Leave a comment:

• PCTNN
    replied
    Nice one! Those xenophobic brexiters thickos didn't see this coming.

uk is basically exchanging 1 european for 10 indians.

Not only that, but the new immigrant population will just do the same jobs as the brits but for half the money. And I'm not just talking about IT jobs....all of the jobs.

On a positive note, the quality of indian takeaways will improve a lot. Yum!

Leave a comment:

• Cirrus
    replied
    Brexit - the Referendum that keeps on Giving

Welcome to Bangalore-on-Thames

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Originally posted by GigiBronz View Post
    What if EU decides to retaliate and give companies that wish to manufacture and trade in the EU a regulation friendly zone somewhere on the continent? Maybe somewhere sunny as south of Spain? And we all get a lifestyle upgrade and get to enjoy the same prospects and liberties as here?
    Would it be too much to consider?

Leave a comment:

• GigiBronz
    replied
    What if EU decides to retaliate and give companies that wish to manufacture and trade in the EU a regulation friendly zone somewhere on the continent? Maybe somewhere sunny as south of Spain? And we all get a lifestyle upgrade and get to enjoy the same prospects and liberties as here?
    Would it be too much to consider?
    Last edited by GigiBronz; 23 January 2020, 01:23.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by Whorty View Post
    Let's hope those who voted for it reap the benefits
    If it only affected them then it would be fine, just like Brexit, unfortunately it would hit innocent people and those who voted for Brexit are too bund and dishonest to admit it was moronic idea.

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    “The £30,000 minimum salary threshold for tier 2 visas was unnecessarily and arbitrarily high. It would have strangled the pipeline of talented younger people at the start of their careers, especially in key economic sectors such as the NHS and the creative industries. And family visas only require a minimum salary threshold of £18,600 to be able to bring some family members to the UK,” he said.

Johnson likely to end GBP30,000 immigration threshold post-Brexit | World news | The Guardian

Let's hope those who voted for it reap the benefits

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
    Cue a 'trade deal' with India which allows 'It Graduates' to come to the UK on the new 'Boris 2' visa, with no minimum salary requirements to work for 'Consultancies' who have major shareholders who are cabinet ministers and Tory donors. That'll take up the slack in the private sector post April. The Torys will have solved a perceived skill shortage and the Uk economy will go from strength to strength (if you happen to be a shareholder in these 'consultancies or buy repossessed houses). Boris will save the day again ! Hooorah !!

Only a problem if you don't own the platform.

Leave a comment:

• TestMangler
    replied
    Cue a 'trade deal' with India which allows 'It Graduates' to come to the UK on the new 'Boris 2' visa, with no minimum salary requirements to work for 'Consultancies' who have major shareholders who are cabinet ministers and Tory donors. That'll take up the slack in the private sector post April. The Torys will have solved a perceived skill shortage and the Uk economy will go from strength to strength (if you happen to be a shareholder in these 'consultancies or buy repossessed houses). Boris will save the day again ! Hooorah !!

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Should just change it so that certain professions are exempt. IT not being one of them - for that it should be raised to £250K. (Vote NAT)

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    started a topic £ 30,000

£ 30,000

“The £30,000 minimum salary threshold for tier 2 visas was unnecessarily and arbitrarily high. It would have strangled the pipeline of talented younger people at the start of their careers, especially in key economic sectors such as the NHS and the creative industries. And family visas only require a minimum salary threshold of £18,600 to be able to bring some family members to the UK,” he said.

Johnson likely to end GBP30,000 immigration threshold post-Brexit | World news | The Guardian

Working...
X