• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "At last a leader we can all get behind."

Collapse

• BR14
    replied
    I have to dispute that

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
    here you go:

yadayadayadayadayadayada, yadayada.
    yadayadayada

that do?

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
    He's a total cretin, but it was a decent start.

One thing he (read: Cummings) understands is that there's no point placating the irreconcilable remoaners and in the process pissing off most leavers. There's no middle ground any more; that time has passed. Time to rub some faces in the dirt, I'm afraid. Or at least try. That said, it ain't happening without a GE interposed between face and dirt. Until it all goes spectacularly wrong, we can at least enjoy all the right people losing their ****.
    Originally posted by woohoo View Post
    Someone translate this?
    cojak's is probably the most accurate.

Originally posted by cojak View Post

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
    No, except in the slightest, most superficial, way (they don’t occupy remotely the same political space). Here’s a balanced article from a non-triggering source:

Dominic Cummings: master of the dark arts handed keys to No 10 | Politics | The Guardian
    Bannon and Cummings may have different visions of a perfect society, but they share a commitment to elite rule and an idea of how to aggressively pursue it.
    Pat Kane: Leading Brexiteers are pining for all of us to embrace a life built on havoc | The National

Bannon recently claimed to have once been a Leninist but has very clear fascist and possibly Nazi sympathies.

Thank You Steve Bannon For Showing Us Your True Fascist Colors

Cummings, despite his intellectual posturings, he may be stupid enough to be a fan of that ultimate Godhead of failed teenage bullies with megalomaniac pretensions, Ayn ‘Medicare’ Rand. He is an extreme Neoliberal and a reminder that the origins of Neoliberal thought lay partly in nazi belief in the purity and goodness of elite power.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by woohoo View Post
    At last a leader we can all get behind.
    He's not that fat.

Leave a comment:

• jamesbrown
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    So Cummings is to Johnson what Bannon was to Trump?
    No, except in the slightest, most superficial, way (they don’t occupy remotely the same political space). Here’s a balanced article from a non-triggering source:

Dominic Cummings: master of the dark arts handed keys to No 10 | Politics | The Guardian

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    I assumed the reason one would get behind Boris was to stab him in the back......
    More likely so that he's facing you when he does a U turn.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    I assumed the reason one would get behind Boris was to stab him in the back......

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    I have a feeling the government will fall fairly soon.

Whoever you vote for the government always gets in.

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    I have a feeling the government will fall fairly soon.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    I scoured the International Press to find some pro Boris opinions but the best I got was Breitbart and Info Wars.

This is more typical:

A level of chaos not seen in Britain since the war’: US TV presenter delivers devastating assessment of Boris Johnson

I see echoes of 1914 in Boris.
    I saw echoes of 1938 in the MayBot.

Peace in our time.

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    ERG to vote against the withdrawal deal

So even if Boris were to get the EU to agree to his version of the withdrawal deal without the Northern Ireland backstop, the ERG would still vote it down.

what a shower of sh*t the Tories are.

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    Enjoy the honeymoon

Gaukeward squad gets ready to strike after fleeting honeymoon

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    No Jesse, I haven’t.

Why would I bother cooking when I grow pure opium?
    I probably wouldn't mention it though...

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    I scoured the International Press to find some pro Boris opinions but the best I got was Breitbart and Info Wars.

This is more typical:

A level of chaos not seen in Britain since the war’: US TV presenter delivers devastating assessment of Boris Johnson

I see echoes of 1914 in Boris.

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    There was a similar "can do" bravado and optimism in 1914. Good to see.

It'll all be over by Christmas

Leave a comment:

Working...
X