• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Tory party members happy to destroy the UK to get Brexit"

Collapse

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by JohntheBike View Post
    feel free to, it will keep you quiet
    I insult in my sleep, you dull chunt.

Leave a comment:

• JohntheBike
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    Sorry, I fell asleep there.
    feel free to, it will keep you quiet

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    well, as I've said, judging by the positive notifications I keep getting about my posts here and in other places, your opinion might perhaps be in a majority of 2.

As far as I can see, you and others fail to comment on factual statements which counter your opinion, you just ignore them. So perhaps you are dull also.
    Sorry, I fell asleep there.

Leave a comment:

• JohntheBike
    replied
    Relative to everyone else on CUK, you are dull, and I include Brillo in that.
    well, as I've said, judging by the positive notifications I keep getting about my posts here and in other places, your opinion might perhaps be in a majority of 2.

As far as I can see, you and others fail to comment on factual statements which counter your opinion, you just ignore them. So perhaps you are dull also.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    being "dull" a you put it, is relative. There are probably many things that you know about that I don't, but the reverse is also true. I'm reasonably well informed about BSA and Triumph motorcycles and automotive issues generally. Are you? So you might be a dullard in my opinion in relation to some issues. Just because someone isn't quite so well informed about any subject than others might be, and thus might not be able to debate an issue as intensely as others might do, doesn't mean that they are dullards. And just because a person's opinion seem to be contrary to your own, then that also doesn't mean to say they are a dullard.

I have two dentist friends, one who is an antediluvian protagonist, and the other believes that smart TV's and Alexa devices are being used to eavesdrop on the populace in much the same way as described by Orwell in 1984. Are they dullards?

Some autistic children, my grandson possibly, have skills that you are unlikely to be able to match, yet could be classed as dullards. An IQ factor isn't a measure of intelligence in my opinion.
    Relative to everyone else on CUK, you are dull, and I include Brillo in that.

Leave a comment:

• JohntheBike
    replied
    [QUOTE=Whorty;2656415]Nope. too much other cr@p going on in my real life to be pizzed off by non-entities like yourself online. I come here to be entertained - you and your like minded brexidiots deliver each and every day. Please do keep it up

likewise,

too many other wonderful events* going on in my real life to be pizzed off by non-entities like yourself online. I come here to be entertained - likewise, and pass the day while I'm being paid to monitor for problems, which rarely occur - by what you and your like minded remainers deliver each and every day. Please do keep it up

* the birth of my 7th grand child and 5th grand daughter
    *my daughter just about to get her MSC in Autism
    *retirement not far off
    *lots of toys to play with
    *sufficient money

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    no, and then I've achieved my aim of pi**ing you off!
    Nope. too much other cr@p going on in my real life to be pizzed off by non-entities like yourself online. I come here to be entertained - you and your like minded brexidiots deliver each and every day. Please do keep it up

p.s. Anyone seen Spuddy recently? He was always good entertainment
    Last edited by Whorty; 21 June 2019, 10:39.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    There's no contention about it, it was cheaper. There were council houses, most rented properties weren't privately owned. Going to university didn't require a loan, in fact you were given a grant. Kids got free school meals. etc. The EU didn't change any of that.

Companies were sold to shareholders. Shareholders demand profits and generally aren't interested in money being invested in "manufacturing", so sell off and outsource to the cheapest option to keep the shareholders happy and to make sure the funds are there for the pension pots of the board.

Perhaps the pining is for Victorian days, when women didn't vote, etc. Or maybe it's the idea of harking back to "The War" by people who didn't fight in it and show more support for the axis powers than for the allies.

feck me WTFH is Barnier in disguise.

EU chief negotiator blames Brexit on 'nostalgia for the past' | Politics | The Guardian

In an interview with the New York Review of Books, Barnier identified “typically British” causes for the vote to leave, saying one was “the hope for a return to a powerful global Britain, nostalgia for the past”.
    though actually that does sound good imagine being the 4th (maybe even the 1st) biggest economy again. The french don't want to go back because either their colonies hate them or we beat them as we did in India & Africa.

The reason prices have gone up is lack of supply & increased demand.

Estimates have put the number of new homes needed in England at between 240,000and 340,000 per year, accounting for new household formation and a backlog of existingneed for suitable housing. In 2017/18, the total housing stock in England increased byaround 222,000 homes. This was 2% higher than the year before – and the amount ofnew homes supplied annually has been growing for several years – but is still lower thanestimated need.Housing need manifests itself in a variety of ways, such as increased levels ofovercrowding, acute affordability issues, more young people living with their parents forlonger periods, impaired labour mobility resulting in businesses finding it difficult to recruitand retain staff, and increased levels of homelessness
    http://researchbriefings.files.parli...1/CBP-7671.pdf

now as we aren't breeding enough to increase our population the increased need is coming from immigration, something we have no control over in the EU.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-46118103

Household growth is one factor affecting overall housing need. Thenumber of new households in England is projected to grow by 159,000 peryear, based on current trends.• The backlog of existing need for suitable, affordable accommodation isoften cited as another pressure on housing need, as is demand for morespace by households that can afford it.• There has been a range of research into the amount of new housingneeded, with estimates as high as 340,000 new homes per year.• There is geographic variation in household growth and housing need, withmore need in London and the south of England.• New supply has been lower than estimated need in recent years
    so yes house price increases are partially the EU's fault.

Leave a comment:

• JohntheBike
    replied
    Originally posted by Whorty View Post
    In your case, dull means wibbling on and on and saying nothing of interest. Do you really think I'm going to waste my time reading this dribble?
    no, and then I've achieved my aim of pi**ing you off!

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    well, judging by the number of positive notifications I get about posts that I make here and in another place, you could be wrong. I have a loyal band of supporters for my position over IR35 for example. Those negative notifications, which are vastly outnumbered, come from one poster who is in a majority of one.

dull can mean uninspiring. But if anyone speaks about a subject or engages in various activities, however inspiring to avid supporters, which someone else is not interested in, then that person would class the speaker as dull. I think golf and that silly game with the round ball, are dull. The last time I found Formula 1 inspiring was when Fangio, Nuvolari and Hawthorne were racing.

dull can mean lacking in educational ability. You don't know what qualifications I have, so should not be able to comment.

dull can mean acting in a stupid way. That might be the opinion of an observer. However, having had a great deal of exposure to the autism arena is recent years, most people are on the autistic scale somewhere and many characteristics "traits" have their roots in autism. So in some ways your behaviour could be described as autistic.

dull could be applied to someone who continually criticises someone else for whatever reasons, as usually people rarely change their opinions, except MP's that is.

Over the many years that I've lived, I've developed a knack of pi**ing off those that annoy me to the extent that they back off and keep quiet. I'm quite skilled at it now.
    In your case, dull means wibbling on and on and saying nothing of interest. Do you really think I'm going to waste my time reading this dribble?

Leave a comment:

• JohntheBike
    replied
    Originally posted by Whorty View Post
    Not in your case it's not .... you're just dull

Next.....
    well, judging by the number of positive notifications I get about posts that I make here and in another place, you could be wrong. I have a loyal band of supporters for my position over IR35 for example. Those negative notifications, which are vastly outnumbered, come from one poster who is in a majority of one.

dull can mean uninspiring. But if anyone speaks about a subject or engages in various activities, however inspiring to avid supporters, which someone else is not interested in, then that person would class the speaker as dull. I think golf and that silly game with the round ball, are dull. The last time I found Formula 1 inspiring was when Fangio, Nuvolari and Hawthorne were racing.

dull can mean lacking in educational ability. You don't know what qualifications I have, so should not be able to comment.

dull can mean acting in a stupid way. That might be the opinion of an observer. However, having had a great deal of exposure to the autism arena is recent years, most people are on the autistic scale somewhere and many characteristics "traits" have their roots in autism. So in some ways your behaviour could be described as autistic.

dull could be applied to someone who continually criticises someone else for whatever reasons, as usually people rarely change their opinions, except MP's that is.

Over the many years that I've lived, I've developed a knack of pi**ing off those that annoy me to the extent that they back off and keep quiet. I'm quite skilled at it now.

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    being "dull" a you put it, is relative.
    Not in your case it's not .... you're just dull

Next.....

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Originally posted by unixman View Post
    As a brexiter, I was disappointed to see Rory go out.
    I think he was also the least worst option for non-brexiters.

Leave a comment:

• unixman
    replied
    As a brexiter, I was disappointed to see Rory go out.

Leave a comment:

• JohntheBike
    replied
    If you don't want to be abused, stop being a dull chunt.
    being "dull" a you put it, is relative. There are probably many things that you know about that I don't, but the reverse is also true. I'm reasonably well informed about BSA and Triumph motorcycles and automotive issues generally. Are you? So you might be a dullard in my opinion in relation to some issues. Just because someone isn't quite so well informed about any subject than others might be, and thus might not be able to debate an issue as intensely as others might do, doesn't mean that they are dullards. And just because a person's opinion seem to be contrary to your own, then that also doesn't mean to say they are a dullard.

I have two dentist friends, one who is an antediluvian protagonist, and the other believes that smart TV's and Alexa devices are being used to eavesdrop on the populace in much the same way as described by Orwell in 1984. Are they dullards?

Some autistic children, my grandson possibly, have skills that you are unlikely to be able to match, yet could be classed as dullards. An IQ factor isn't a measure of intelligence in my opinion.
    Last edited by JohntheBike; 20 June 2019, 10:34.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X