• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "How to respond to failure..."

Collapse

• Lance
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    She could be asked to resign by old white men from 1922 Committee...
    not for another 11 months.

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    I think that the UK will manage to send the UK out of the EU and bring it back safely before the decade is out. We do this not because it is easy but because it is hard.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by Lance View Post
    She can. Given how much sh1t she's had to get here though, I don't see that happening.
    She could be asked to resign by old white men from 1922 Committee...

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    Either the ERG Tories throw their weight behind the deal, complete with personality transplants and tails between their legs or the Tories are finished.
    By all accounts JRM is finished in his constituency anyway. Now he has stuck his head above the parapet people in his area realise who he is and what he stands for. They are not too happy. As many areas, people vote for the party without knowing who their MP is .... well they do now in North Somerset and they don't like what they see

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    Listening to a Tory MP on LBC today I'm beginning to think staying in the customs union and probably single market is the most likely end result, simply because Labour will throw their weight behind it.

Brino ++

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    I after the vote yesterday I think some sort of temporary minority Labour government is becoming more likely by the day.

I'm not so sure. Corbyn is desperate for Brexit to happen without any blood on his hands. That way he can "blame the Tories" for everything, yet carry on with his trashing of the UK without EU interference. The last thing he wants is to become PM before March 29th. The day after would be just fine.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    The only Brexit that I think could get a majority would be Labour's version which includes permanent membership of the customs union. Interestingly that would be easy to fix because that would just be a permanent backstop.
    But that would frustrate the Empire 2.0 jam tea and biscuit export boom.

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    The only Brexit that I think could get a majority would be Labour's version which includes permanent membership of the customs union. Interestingly that would be easy to fix because that would just be a permanent backstop.

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    Originally posted by stonehenge View Post
    She'd need the support of the DUP as well. And even that might not be sufficient because there's a dozen or so Tory remainers that don't back her deal.
    good point!

ha

Leave a comment:

• meridian
    replied
    This smacks of desperation:

Ministers tell Theresa May to force through Brexit by calling election for days after EU withdrawal | The Independent

Bring it on, the Tories going into an election with queues of lorries at the border, thousands of workers laid off until there is a Brexit deal and ex moderate Tories standing against new candidates hastily recruited from the EDL. Lets see how well that pans out.

The Brexit paradox:

“just f***ing get on with it’”
    But

"Don't get on with it that way, get on with it another (unspecified) way"

Leave a comment:

• stonehenge
    replied
    Either the ERG Tories throw their weight behind the deal, complete with personality transplants and tails between their legs or the Tories are finished.
    She'd need the support of the DUP as well. And even that might not be sufficient because there's a dozen or so Tory remainers that don't back her deal.

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Lance
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    She can still resign.
    She can. Given how much sh1t she's had to get here though, I don't see that happening.

IMO she'll resign in 2021, in time to get a new leader for the next (scheduled) GE. Assuming there's not a no confidence vote in the next 80 days.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by Lance View Post
    Removal of May directly is no longer an options as the ERG fooked that one up.
    She can still resign.

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    This smacks of desperation:

Ministers tell Theresa May to force through Brexit by calling election for days after EU withdrawal | The Independent

Brexiteer ministers have indicated that even if the no-confidence vote planned by Labour goes against her, it would be in her gift to set the date of an ensuing election after Brexit Day on March 29.

One cabinet minister backing the plan told The Independent it would mean Ms May could steer the country out of the EU with or without a deal before going to the polls in early April, adding: “The public are saying, ‘just f***ing get on with it’.”
    Bring it on, the Tories going into an election with queues of lorries at the border, thousands of workers laid off until there is a Brexit deal and ex moderate Tories standing against new candidates hastily recruited from the EDL. Lets see how well that pans out.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X