• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Crap deal will fail parliament, new referendum coming: vote Real Brexit!"

Collapse

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    when the NHS realises it can't fund your care .
    You should stop assuming that everyone is an unhealthy, obese gammon like you and your missus.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    when the NHS realises it can't fund your care we will cut you loose, even a generous nation can't pay for a half man, half toilet paper smear like you.
    He lives in Portugal, probably gets free Port when he goes to their version of NHS...

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    I'm a dual national, Brexit is irrelevant to me personally, and probably will be beneficial, so, yes I've planned for every eventuality.
    But I think a hard Brexit is the best way forward for the UK, not least because its the only way reality will dawn on fantasists like you.
    when the NHS realises it can't fund your care we will cut you loose, even a generous nation can't pay for a half man, half toilet paper smear like you.

Leave a comment:

• Cirrus
    replied
    Going down like the General Brexgano

reality will dawn on fantasists like you.
    Reality will never dawn on PosterBhoy. It'll never dawn on almost all of the Brexiteers on this channel.

But the beautiful thing is at 50%:50% it really can make a difference if just the odd few leave voters notice they've backed the wrong horse. The Brexiteers have been running out of steam whilst the Bremainers have kept up the pressure. Most likely if Referendum 2 was held tomorrow, Remain would would win by a few percentage points.

And Referendum 2 looks more likely every day.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    its the only way reality will dawn on fantasists like you.
    Yeah whatever......Walt!!

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    The priority for the EU and the priority for businesses at large are not inextricably bound together though.

In Juncker's ideal world maybe, but we are about to head into a world that might be very far from ideal for him.

It might all get so uncomfortable that there may be nobody holding your hand every step. I hope you have planned for that.

I'm a dual national, Brexit is irrelevant to me personally, and probably will be beneficial, so, yes I've planned for every eventuality.
    But I think a hard Brexit is the best way forward for the UK, not least because its the only way reality will dawn on fantasists like you.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    "Defending the single market, a key European project, must be the priority for the European Union,” Dieter Kempf,
    president of the German Federation of Industries lobby group which represents around 100,000 companies"
    The priority for the EU and the priority for businesses at large are not inextricably bound together though.

In Juncker's ideal world maybe, but we are about to head into a world that might be very far from ideal for him.

It might all get so uncomfortable that there may be nobody holding your hand every step. I hope you have planned for that.

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    Greenland's fishing quotas:

Greenland | Fisheries

The key argument for Greenland to leave the EU was to take control of its fishing quotas.

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    A sh*te transition followed by a sh*te trade deal, and there will be EU fishing boats all over British waters, fishing to quotas set by the EU.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    more signal-free gibberish
    They're simply saying what Germany industry has been saying all along. The 2nd link, straight from the horse's mouth, requires a translation, ask your kids to do it for you:

German industry warns UK not to expect help in Brexit negotiations | Politics | The Guardian

"Defending the single market, a key European project, must be the priority for the European Union,” Dieter Kempf,
    president of the German Federation of Industries lobby group which represents around 100,000 companies"

Wissmann: Brexit-Verhandlungen sollten rasch und konstruktiv gefuhrt werden - VDA

"But there is a clear priority: cohesion and the integrity of the EU are the basis and prerequisite for meaningful communication"
    Last edited by sasguru; 19 November 2018, 17:03.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    You really are an ignorant simpleton

https://cer.eu/sites/default/files/p...it_17.3.17.pdf
    Written by the "Centre for European Reform" (The Centre for European Reform is a think-tank devoted to making the European Union work better and strengthening its role in the world.)

Well I stand corrected, as your rebuttal has come all the way down from such an impartial source.

Jesus wept, do you ever even read any of the links you post or is that expecting too much?

You are obviously hell-bent on hoovering up any last votes that are still up for grabs in the "Nation's Greatest Cretin" Award.

Well done on beating whorty and darmy in rubberstamping the halfwit element to the thread.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    ... that will never be ratified by the EU businesses whose profits rely upon us as a marketplace ......[extended drivel and pish]
    You really are an ignorant simpleton

https://cer.eu/sites/default/files/p...it_17.3.17.pdf

"German businesses are deeply connected to the EU through a network of supply chains, and rely on Europe and the rest of the world for their exports. They have
    more interest in preserving the EU’s single market and the EU’s clout in international trade negotiations than they have in tariff-free access to the British market"

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by contractorinatractor View Post
    Regarding the current EU negotiations:
    I think what Shaun&Co don't understand from the Remainer position it is not simply the case that we don't want plenty of amazing trade agreements abroad. It's that I think most of us are realists - we don't really think we can get a better deal with other countries to compensate for the mass of missing income and great products from the EU.

No, what I don't understand is your assumption that just because the Barniers and Junckers of this world are seeking to give the impression that the EU will just put up the shutters, that this is what will actually unfold. They are making an ideological statement that will never be ratified by the EU businesses whose profits rely upon us as a marketplace. We should show a bit of spirit and call their bluff. As the inevitable eleventh hour arrives these dinosaurs will be moved aside and common sense and pragmatism will prevail to the mutual benefit of all parties.

Anybody who remembers the 1970's will remember the poor selection of food in the UK on shelves at home and in the supermarkets. As food and drink are the basics of life I think those matter a lot, although I appreciate not everybody feels this way.
    You mean back in the days when we didn't have an obesity epidemic or numerous foodbanks?

No, now I like having access to a great range of foodstuffs and such like as much as the next man, but do you REALLY believe that those producers are just going to sit back and let idealogues like Tusk and Druncker severely impact their markets just to prove some churlish point? Won't be allowed to happen.

I think the dangerous thing to do is to assume the UK has much bargaining power at all.
    On the contrary, the dangerous thing is to assume that we don't in this instance. After all if we did NOT have anything to bargain with then you can bet your life that the EU would not be giving a flying fook that we are leaving.

We are a services economy heavily reliant on financial services and the derivatives of those services, spawning further service functions. We produce a reasonable amount of goods, but honestly, if you check the import/export figures we do a ginormous volume of trade with the EU that we have already been told we won't be able to do if we 'leave', particularly a hard Brexit.
    Negotiating Tip #1. Do NOT believe everything you are told, particularly when the person doing the waffling is a discredited drunken charlatan.

I do think if Shaun was asked directly he would say, like many Leavers: "we will be worse off by a currently immeasurable' amount but it'll be worth it for sovereignty."
    Nope. I would not say that at all. What I WOULD say is that mutually beneficial trading arrangements have been in place since way before the existence of the EU, and it will exist long after it folds.
    The transferral of goods and services is palpably NOT something that need be over-regulated and micromanaged in the way the EU Commission likes to have us believe.
    In the cold light of day whilst I am happy to accept that there may be a period of upheaval and uncertainty in the short term, the long term benefits will far outweigh the drawbacks.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Regarding NI situation:

We're the "United Kingdom and Northern Ireland".
    I think you might want to check that. It's the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    Originally posted by westtester View Post
    The problem with the government (and has been for some time) is that it's led by a cabinet of middle managers who have no competency beyond signing what's put in front of them by the civil service and dreaming up new ways to save money.

They are exactly the sort of morons you're plagued by in the office, bums who are 'promoted' into positions where they can do as little damage as possible. You can't actually sack them as they manage a veneer of usefulness which is sufficient to meet the minimum requirements of their employment contract. Lloyds have a solution for these types which is a rolling redundancy/early retirement sweep that removes all such turds on a regular basis. I would advocate a similar approach to the governing parties if it weren't for the fact there are numerous, equally useless candidates waiting to step into their shoes.

I'm almost tempted to say we should put the Queen in charge.
    We could put the queen in charge but either way having another 700 of these pointless mealy mouthed middle managers shuffling between Strasbourg and Geneva at the cost of 150 million is not something we want to be a party to...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X