• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: The Brexit effect

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "The Brexit effect"

Collapse

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
    assguru and Old Greg are high-sixing right now as they win the internet again.
    Here you go again with your one-downmanship.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
    Well one day you might make a "winning" post. Or one that demonstrates some intelligence.

BIDI.

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    You need to be 20 generations inbred to qualify.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    So you're saying first & second generation Indian & Jamaican immigrants are not UK nationals or Brits? What nationality are they then?
    You need to be 20 generations inbred to qualify.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    So you're saying first & second generation Indian & Jamaican immigrants are not UK nationals or Brits? What nationality are they then?
    Vetran and his fellow travellers have noticed that pigs born in stables are not horses and have drawn some logically flawed conclusions about humans and nationality.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    bit of a private joke, a third of the IT team are Portuguese here, we do dilute it with First & second generation Indian & Jamaican immigrants. They are all really nice people but it does rather explain why the wages in IT don't rise and UK nationals don't bother studying IT.

There are a few Brits as well.

Leave a comment:

• BR14
    replied
    Originally posted by Whorty View Post
    I thought it was the Poles and Eastern Europeans who were over here? I must listen more closely to you Brexiters as I can't recall now who is over here and who we want to go home. Didn't realise it was the Portuguese, but if you say so then let me just change me placard.
    You don't have an i-placard? autoscroll linked to the DM?
    call yourself a contractor?

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by Whorty View Post
    I thought it was the Poles and Eastern Europeans who were over here? I must listen more closely to you Brexiters as I can't recall now who is over here and who we want to go home. Didn't realise it was the Portuguese, but if you say so then let me just change me placard.
    bit of a private joke, a third of the IT team are Portuguese here, we do dilute it with First & second generation Indian & Jamaican immigrants. They are all really nice people but it does rather explain why the wages in IT don't rise and UK nationals don't bother studying IT.

There are a few Brits as well.

We don't talk about the offshore teams , they are hard work!

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    is that because all the Portuguese are over here?

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    That's nothing to do with Brexit and they are an Indian firm anyway so good riddance to the foreigners. (isn't that what Farage & his fan club on here would say?)

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    Brace yourselves.....

Shock plunge in UK manufacturing, Landrover moves production to Slovakia

Manufacturing sector's growth slumps 1.4pc in April, sharpest plunge since 2012
    This is it....

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by meridian View Post
    It’s about time, only a few more booming years and you might be catching up with the rest of the world...

is that because all the Portuguese are over here?

Leave a comment:

• meridian
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-44404036

Or is it "because we are still in the EU" that the UK is booming?

It’s about time, only a few more booming years and you might be catching up with the rest of the world...

Leave a comment:

• motoukenin
    replied
    Damn! Soon contractors and permies in the UK will be millionaires driving Bentleys, leaving us poor expats with egg on our face in our Fiats.
    Or not.
    Humor him he just made minimum wage

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-44404036

Or is it "because we are still in the EU" that the UK is booming?

Starting salaries, not salaries, so anyone who already has a job will be listening to a sob story from the manager how he has to pay foreigners coming in extortionate starting salaries so would you mind forgoing your bonus this year.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X