• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Donald Tusk’s response to May’s latest speech"

Collapse

• BlasterBates
    replied
    This is my favourite bit:

Other provisions in the draft include a stipulation that the future relationship should be overseen by the European Court of Justice
    Last edited by BlasterBates; 7 March 2018, 17:59.

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
    We want your fish, goods trade, ambitious movement of people, and anti competitive clauses.

But you wanting services is cherries..
    Suck it up, snowflake.

Leave a comment:

• PurpleGorilla
    replied
    We want your fish, goods trade, ambitious movement of people, and anti competitive clauses.

But you wanting services is cherries..

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    aha...Donald Tusk has now responded.

Donald Tusk rejects Theresa May's trade plan

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Theresa May has said the British government is examining the operation of the US-Canadian border as it seeks a solution to the Northern Ireland border problem.
    That's going to work well:

There are guns and armed customs guards on that border. Surely that is not what she has in mind?

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    US offers UK sh*te aviation deal post Brexit

Lets face it, not only will the EU offer the UK a sh*te deal, so will everyone else.

Last edited by BlasterBates; 5 March 2018, 20:47.

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    Too much self preservation methinks.
    Why are brexiters so surprised, confused and upset that the EU27 are trying to preserve their union? Why are you so surprised that the EU won't give us everything we want, even if it makes the EU weaker? Why would they? The UK wants what's best for itself at a cost to the EU27 and yet it is they who are being unreasonable! I just can't believe the stupidity and ignorance of brexit voters.
    Last edited by Whorty; 2 March 2018, 22:41.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
    Meh
    indeed I think we should call the remoaners fear-mongering project Duh now.

Leave a comment:

• PurpleGorilla
    replied
    Originally posted by motoukenin View Post
    The rivalry has already started, US companies are moving their financial companies abroad , like here in Frankfurt for instance. OK only small parts at the moment but you have given your competitors a bigger share of your market and Germany thanks you for the additional jobs and tax revenue.
    Meh

Leave a comment:

• motoukenin
    replied
    Almost works, except of course Sainsbury's want to sell you a large amount of different goods. They also want to rule over who and what happens in your house. So its more like sharing a market stall with a lodger who thinks he is in charge.

We can choose to expel the lodger and set out our own stall in competition if we do that the lodger will lose sales and a bitter rivalry will start.
    The rivalry has already started, US companies are moving their financial companies abroad , like here in Frankfurt for instance. OK only small parts at the moment but you have given your competitors a bigger share of your market and Germany thanks you for the additional jobs and tax revenue.

Leave a comment:

• PurpleGorilla
    replied
    Barnier’s response is much better:

https://mobile.twitter.com/michelbar...7Ctwgr%5Eother

I welcome PM @theresa_may speech. Clarity about #UK leaving Single Market and Customs Union & recognition of trade-offs will inform #EUCO guidelines re: future FTA.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    I'm still waiting for a smart Brexit poster to show me the flaws in what I said earlier about the 5 tests. Looks like Guy Verhofstadt may have read my summary and put it into his own words.

Theresa, we don't want sound bites, we don't want pithy slogans, we don't want tests that aren't tests, we want to know what the government's plans are, we want to know how the government intends to deliver their plans in the next 13 months, we want to know why, after 21 months of prevaricating, the UK government is no closer to negotiating a deal.
    yep they are both Bollocks so yes I imagine he copied your homework.

They are playing for time and hoping we crash out so they can say - "look that is what happens when you decide to leave Mother Brussels"

Leave a comment:

• PurpleGorilla
    replied
    It’s a pretty pathetic response from Guy.

Immediate dismissal with condescending put downs.

How do you negotiate with that?

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    Scathing repsonse to May's speech by leading EU MEP

Too much cake and eating I'm afraid.

I'm still waiting for a smart Brexit poster to show me the flaws in what I said earlier about the 5 tests. Looks like Guy Verhofstadt may have read my summary and put it into his own words.

Theresa, we don't want sound bites, we don't want pithy slogans, we don't want tests that aren't tests, we want to know what the government's plans are, we want to know how the government intends to deliver their plans in the next 13 months, we want to know why, after 21 months of prevaricating, the UK government is no closer to negotiating a deal.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    Scathing repsonse to May's speech by leading EU MEP

Too much cake and eating I'm afraid.

Reacting after the Prime Minister’s third major speech on leaving the EU, Guy Verhofstadt said he hoped that “serious proposals have been put in the post” by the Prime Minister, as Ms May’s plans received a frosty reception in Brussels.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X