• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "On-shore accounting models"

Collapse

• Jessica@WhiteFieldTax
    replied
    Originally posted by LisaContractorUmbrella View Post
    Fantastic customer service and great coffee - what more could you want
    Yep I thought the same...

Leave a comment:

• NickNick
    replied
    Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
    I wonder if this one involves setting yourself up as a used car dealer.

Or maybe some sort of film financing.
    Talking of used car dealers... Reading this

http://www.financeandtaxtribunals.go...18/TC03314.pdf

and the scheme was unbelievably complicated to my eyes. Makes those EBT schemes seem simple in comparison.

Sample quote:
    The rather unusual consideration for that assignment was to consist of the payment of £100, and attendance by the assignee before a solicitor practising in London in order to recite the name of the Trader, “pray to the God of the Christian church for World Peace” and obtain from the no doubt bemused solicitor a certificate that those actions had been performed (“the Prayer Condition”).
    Last edited by NickNick; 7 March 2014, 12:28.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    >50% retention?

Leave a comment:

• LisaContractorUmbrella
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    I've heard your 'brolly scheme' is barista approved.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    As in Quamtotius Caecus??
    I've heard your 'brolly scheme' is barista approved.

Leave a comment:

• LisaContractorUmbrella
    replied
    QC approved, my dear,
    As in Quamtotius Caecus??

Leave a comment:

• ASB
    replied
    QC approved, my dear,
    Excellent. Glad you are hepping the users with thier due diligence. Sue, Grabbit and Runne really are a top class chambers.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Have you checked it out with a top tax barrister?
    QC approved, my dear,

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    More and more top flight contractors are indeed joining Oude Joris Max 120.
    Have you checked it out with a top tax barrister?

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    Oh yes the old greg approach.

Personally I would go for get people to join the scheme. Delay payments beyond minimum wages payments as long as possible until £xm is in the account and then pocket the lot before closing the company down....
    More and more top flight contractors are indeed joining Oude Joris Max 120.

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Originally posted by DaveB View Post
    Let me see now. Set up in Oct. 2013, sole Director, no accounts filed, Virtual Office address. Shares their sole director with 4 other newly minted Ltd's all in the umbrella business.

There's more but I don't have time to do the digging atm.
    Without going into detail there also appear to be links with SmartPay, who have been discussed on here before (back in 2008) and an number of other Umbrella/High retention schemes.

I'm also pretty sure the sole director of this company has very little to do with the running of the business seeing as he appears to be a conceptual artist and son of the chap who actually set up the company.

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Originally posted by mykash View Post
    I've received two emails from cwjobs, the most recent one marketing dynamicpartners that promise high take home pay and keep the money in UK, so no offshore stuff.

But it still sounds like a tax avoidance scheme of sorts as you take home 90% rather than the estimated 80% through limited company.

Essentially it sounds like a duck, quacks like a duck, but doesn't seem to be a duck. Anyone got similar marketing emails or are part of schemes that keep money in UK and take home 90%?
    Let me see now. Set up in Oct. 2013, sole Director, no accounts filed, Virtual Office address. Shares their sole director with 4 other newly minted Ltd's all in the umbrella business.

There's more but I don't have time to do the digging atm.

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Originally posted by ASB View Post
    Hah, not aggressive enough. You should keep the VAT too :-)
    What VAT?

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    I wonder if this one involves setting yourself up as a used car dealer.

Or maybe some sort of film financing.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by ASB View Post
    Hah, not aggressive enough. You should keep the VAT too :-)
    Oh yes the old greg approach.

Personally I would go for get people to join the scheme. Delay payments beyond minimum wages payments as long as possible until £xm is in the account and then pocket the lot before closing the company down....

Leave a comment:

Working...
X