• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: IR35Win?

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "IR35Win?"

Collapse

• Jay54
    replied
    Thank you

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    Originally posted by Jay54
    thank you for the advice, do you have links for Bauer Cottrell and PCG?
    www.bauerandcottrell.co.uk
    www.pcg.org.uk

HTH

Leave a comment:

• Jay54
    replied
    thank you for the advice, do you have links for Bauer Cottrell and PCG?

Leave a comment:

• malvolio
    replied
    Good plan. And do what Cojak said- - join the PCG.

Leave a comment:

• Jay54
    replied
    You are right I do need professional advice so will contact those Bauer Cottrell people

Leave a comment:

• malvolio
    replied
    Sorry, Jay54, but it's that attitude that mean we get to keep IR35. Those that pay up because they have no idea whether or not they should are the ones that keep it financially viable and Gordon will not change it as a result.Getting out of it is not that hard, the basic rules are simple and there's loads of help out there. But if you can't be arsed to go found out for yourself then those of us that have put it all in place have been wasting our time. But hey, it's only 20% of your income in exchange for no employment rights of any kind - so why should we care.

Leave a comment:

• Jay54
    replied
    Well we can all have dreams!

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    the reason I am so interested in this guy winning his IR35 case is because I am working for the revenue on a project and if the insepctor says this guy is not IR35 then I am not, well that is what I hope
    If only it were that simple...

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Hope away then fella - it means no such thing...

Leave a comment:

• Jay54
    replied
    the reason I am so interested in this guy winning his IR35 case is because I am working for the revenue on a project and if the insepctor says this guy is not IR35 then I am not, well that is what I hope

Leave a comment:

• maximus
    replied
    no no no I understand that she actually got the revenue off his back becuase he had an IR35 investigation that went on for over a year, it wasnt anything to do with getting his contract changed
    Mine went on for over two years... didn't think duration had anything to do with it!

Leave a comment:

• Jay54
    replied
    no no no I understand that she actually got the revenue off his back becuase he had an IR35 investigation that went on for over a year, it wasnt anything to do with getting his contract changed

Leave a comment:

• Cowboy Bob
    replied
    Just spoken with my mate who is working in Telford and he said it was Sarah Bauer at Bauer Cottrell who beat the revenue he said they dont just do contract stuff but beat the revenue as well, the contractor there is dead chuffed
    Nay, nay and thrice nay!!!!

Sarah Bauer didn't beat IR35 (Bauer and Cottrell are excellent BTW, I've used them and will recommend them to anyone), all she did was negotiate IR35 friendly wording on the contract.

This is meaningless unless it goes in partnership with the actual working conditions.

If, for example, your "mate" is required to be in work by a certain time, or is told that he/she has to work in a particular way, or any of the other IR35 pointers, then whether or not the contract is IR35 friendly is irrelevant. It's good camouflage to hide you from an investigation yes, but it is by no means the deciding factor.

Leave a comment:

• XLMonkey
    replied
    why have you wasted our time asking us if what your mate said was true, instead of just asking your mate if what he said was true?

...argh, no. silly question. I asked some bloke down the pub, and he said your mate was lying. Was he right?

Leave a comment:

• Jay54
    replied
    Just spoken with my mate who is working in Telford and he said it was Sarah Bauer at Bauer Cottrell who beat the revenue he said they dont just do contract stuff but beat the revenue as well, the contractor there is dead chuffed

Leave a comment:

Working...
X