• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IR35Win?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IR35Win?

A mate of mine has said a contractor working for the revenue in Telford has won IR35, is this true?

Who knows? With the win/lose ratio at around 1250:3, it seems like a fair bet though - if you're paying IR35, it's because you don't know how not to, not becuase you have to.
    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

yeh but my accountant says too pay up on ir35 and when you work on revenue projects and hear of a win it makes you wonder if its all worth it. does ayone know how this guy got to win ir35?

Comment

Originally posted by Jay54
        yeh but my accountant says too pay up on ir35
        Yeah, but my accountant says too, "Pay up on ir35"

or

Yeah, but my accountant says to pay up on ir35

hth
        We must strike at the lies that have spread like disease through our minds

Comment

I'd change your accountant if I were you, matey...
          "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
          - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

I recon that if this guy in Telford is working for the revenue and has been investigated by the revenue and they say he is outside of IR35 then anyone working for the revenue can be as well, can you recomend any good IR35 accountants?

Comment

It's not just accountants - you need to make sure that your contract is outside IR35 as well as a number of other things that aren't difficult to do. Bauer & Cotterell will look at your contract for you.

Go and join the PCG - you get all you need from there...
              "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."

Comment

I think the person who beat the revenue was called Bower, do you think she is the same one you recommend?

Comment

Now you're just taking the p1ss... - Bauer & Cotterell are contract lawyers.

Comment

Just spoken with my mate who is working in Telford and he said it was Sarah Bauer at Bauer Cottrell who beat the revenue he said they dont just do contract stuff but beat the revenue as well, the contractor there is dead chuffed

Comment

Working...
                    X