• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "ICS (Independent Contractor Services Ltd)"

Collapse

• WTFH
    replied
    Skitt's Law

Leave a comment:

• fidot
    replied
    Originally posted by SlipTheJab View Post
    Theres no statute of limitations on grammar, innit!
    There's

Leave a comment:

• Lance
    replied
    Originally posted by SlipTheJab View Post
    i'n'it

Leave a comment:

• SlipTheJab
    replied
    Originally posted by pr1 View Post
    you're 10 years late but thanks for the contribution

Leave a comment:

• pr1
    replied
    Originally posted by craigy1874 View Post
    The word you are looking for is 'advice' fyi
    you're 10 years late but thanks for the contribution

Leave a comment:

• craigy1874
    replied
    Advice

Originally posted by Sdevil View Post
    Ok. I agree that i dint do a spell check but that's not a point here. I did take your advise and i am looking into LTD company option. But i was replying to your response "Would you like me to spoon feed you and change your nappy too?
    Do a search on the threads here, some of us have work to do."
    The word you are looking for is 'advice' fyi

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    The OP is TLG's sockie, trying to show that TLG was actually right about something. However, in the meantime the iPhone has been launched, there's been a financial crisis and Ryanair have gone all nicey-nicey.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied

Leave a comment:

• pr1
    replied
    Originally posted by DeepakUK View Post
    ICS ( Independent Contractor Services Ltd) were accountant for my Private Limited company for 1 year. I had opted for flat rate vat and gave them signed forms and everything. But they forgot to file it with HMRC !. Then they assumed that I will be paying standard rate VAT and paid full 20% VAT...What a waste of money!...accountants are supposed to find ways to reduce taxes not inflate the taxes. Lost thousands of pounds !
    They filed vat returns only for 3 quarters and for the 4th quarter they just forgot to file VAT....then I kept them asking over the email and phone to give me an update on what's happening on VAT payment and how much do I owe....they didn't care for almost six months when I had to fire them. But I still didn't know what's the status of filing and what are my obligations. another six months went by when one of their team mates said he will " help" me out , as if he was doing a Favour to me ( They forgot I have paid them close to 2000 pounds for the service they did not provide). Then he calculated the VAT and gave me a shocking figure at full 20% VAT. I asked him, how can it be so much, to which he said " you have not opted for flat rate scheme"....I said I did send you the forms. He said, I don't know. the team who did this is no longer with ICS. Then I called HMRC and requested them for the flat rate. they took nearly two months to sanction flat rate. Even after that ICS did not file the vat returns and finally I had to ask them to just send me excel calculation and it took them one week to give me a single line calculation. I submitted the VAT returns myself....more than one year after its due date !. Then I tried to make payment from my business account, but my business account was frozen by companies house and company dissolved. I have been warning ICS to do their job right or they might get me in trouble. And they finally put me in trouble. I had an outstanding VAT payment to make and no access to money. I asked ICS, what should be done if the company is dissolved and bank account frozen. They said, " we don't know"..when I insisted to find out, it took me two weeks of follow-up from them to know that the company needs to undergo " administrative restoration "...which costs around £400 and 10 weeks of procedure !... what a mess!....the administrative restoration needs company accounts up to date. I asked ICS to do that they said we will do it for you.....after two weeks of follow-up while they were saying they are working on it, they sent me a blank application form by email to fill saying they now don't have access to the online accounts filing and I have to send this form after filling it properly...which includes the company accounts I don't know.
    These ICS guys are highly irresponsible , unprofessional and no one should ever take service from them. I am filing a complaint to CIMA against these guys as they don't deserve this accreditation.

Leave a comment:

• DeepakUK
    replied
    ICS _Irresponsible Incompetent and highly unprofessional

ICS ( Independent Contractor Services Ltd) were accountant for my Private Limited company for 1 year. I had opted for flat rate vat and gave them signed forms and everything. But they forgot to file it with HMRC !. Then they assumed that I will be paying standard rate VAT and paid full 20% VAT...What a waste of money!...accountants are supposed to find ways to reduce taxes not inflate the taxes. Lost thousands of pounds !
    They filed vat returns only for 3 quarters and for the 4th quarter they just forgot to file VAT....then I kept them asking over the email and phone to give me an update on what's happening on VAT payment and how much do I owe....they didn't care for almost six months when I had to fire them. But I still didn't know what's the status of filing and what are my obligations. another six months went by when one of their team mates said he will " help" me out , as if he was doing a Favour to me ( They forgot I have paid them close to 2000 pounds for the service they did not provide). Then he calculated the VAT and gave me a shocking figure at full 20% VAT. I asked him, how can it be so much, to which he said " you have not opted for flat rate scheme"....I said I did send you the forms. He said, I don't know. the team who did this is no longer with ICS. Then I called HMRC and requested them for the flat rate. they took nearly two months to sanction flat rate. Even after that ICS did not file the vat returns and finally I had to ask them to just send me excel calculation and it took them one week to give me a single line calculation. I submitted the VAT returns myself....more than one year after its due date !. Then I tried to make payment from my business account, but my business account was frozen by companies house and company dissolved. I have been warning ICS to do their job right or they might get me in trouble. And they finally put me in trouble. I had an outstanding VAT payment to make and no access to money. I asked ICS, what should be done if the company is dissolved and bank account frozen. They said, " we don't know"..when I insisted to find out, it took me two weeks of follow-up from them to know that the company needs to undergo " administrative restoration "...which costs around £400 and 10 weeks of procedure !... what a mess!....the administrative restoration needs company accounts up to date. I asked ICS to do that they said we will do it for you.....after two weeks of follow-up while they were saying they are working on it, they sent me a blank application form by email to fill saying they now don't have access to the online accounts filing and I have to send this form after filling it properly...which includes the company accounts I don't know.
    These ICS guys are highly irresponsible , unprofessional and no one should ever take service from them. I am filing a complaint to CIMA against these guys as they don't deserve this accreditation.

Leave a comment:

• malvolio
    replied
    TBH, if you have done a search and read the results and then come back and asked if an EBT is a good idea, I think people might have a case for being a bit short-tempered.

The quick answer is no, do not bother. Get your own LtdCo and do it properly, or stay with a good umbrella. Those are the only valid, sensible options. OK?

Leave a comment:

• Sdevil
    replied
    Ok. I agree that i dint do a spell check but that's not a point here. I did take your advise and i am looking into LTD company option. But i was replying to your response "Would you like me to spoon feed you and change your nappy too?
    Do a search on the threads here, some of us have work to do."

Leave a comment:

• Captain Jack
    replied
    Originally posted by Sdevil
    If thats the case then you should close the forum to new members and put a notice up saying "No new members allowed as board is ruled by old farts"
    that's

Leave a comment:

• The Lone Gunman
    replied
    Oh yes, an English language and grammar course might not go amiss either.

I gave you my advice and you ignored it, nay you asked me to clarify something I was clear on in the first place.

Leave a comment:

• Sdevil
    replied
    If thats the case then you should close the forum to new members and put a notice up saying "No new members allowed as board is ruled by old farts"

Leave a comment:

Working...
X