• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Advice needed

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Advice needed"

Collapse

• badger7579
    replied
    Good luck with that scheme.... Let us know how the food is inside

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by Mozart View Post
    ... I would like to know the good, bad and the ugly on these schemes if anyone knows for sure.
    All ugly. The only people who don't know for sure are complete idiots who prefer are blinded by the sight of all the ££££ on offer and refuse to e.g. believe a couple of the biggest threads in this forum. Next!

Leave a comment:

• LisaContractorUmbrella
    replied
    Originally posted by cojak View Post
    Lisa - Queen of the cut'n'paste!

You don't frequent many other forums Dear, so may I say Merry Christmas to you!

Have to admit there was a certain sense of Deja Vu with that one - still, same question, same answer

Aw shucks thanks Cojak - Happy Christmas to you too

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Lisa - Queen of the cut'n'paste!

You don't frequent many other forums Dear, so may I say Merry Christmas to you!

Leave a comment:

• LisaContractorUmbrella
    replied
    Any of these 'schemes' (and there are hundreds of them) will, at best, defer the tax that you owe. If you live and work in the UK you are liable for UK taxes - if you are outside IR35 set up a limited company and you will then be able to draw dividends from the company. If you are inside IR35 you absolutely must, no alternatives, no exceptions, be paid through PAYE whether through a limited company or an umbrella.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by Mozart View Post
    hang on, Im also due to go contracting and there are a ton of these types of organisations advertising that Ive come across on the net. I would like to know the good, bad and the ugly on these schemes if anyone knows for sure.
    Why don't you do a bit of reading and decide for yourself then??

Leave a comment:

• Mozart
    replied
    Originally posted by farther pastor View Post
    I am considering moving from a Ltd to Umbrella status.

After doing the usual I come across

http://www.antonyjholdsworth.co.uk/executive_portal.asp

and after contacting them and looking into the solution on offer, I am very tempted on what they have to offer.

It seems to be a mixture of off-shore Umbrella/Loan/EBT.

I know there are some risks in any scheme, even Ltd if the contract is not 100%.

But what I need to know is anyone out there using this solution or anything similar ?

Do any of you or have any of you had any dealings with this company ?
    hang on, Im also due to go contracting and there are a ton of these types of organisations advertising that Ive come across on the net. I would like to know the good, bad and the ugly on these schemes if anyone knows for sure.

Leave a comment:

• RichardCranium
    replied
    Nice to know there are new people starting contracting in 2009.

farther pastor
    I am considering moving from a Ltd to Umbrella status. After doing the usual I come across
    www.antonyjholdsworth.co.uk/executive_portal.asp
    and after contacting them and looking into the solution on offer, I am very tempted on what they have to offer.
    pattie
    Originally posted by pattie View Post
    i signed up with an umbrella company with these guys
    www.antonyjholdsworth.co.uk/executive_portal.asp

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    try a search on bn66

Leave a comment:

• DiscoStu
    replied

I know there are some risks in any scheme, even Ltd if the contract is not 100%.

But what I need to know is anyone out there using this solution or anything similar ?

We dine well here in Camelot eating ham and jam and a lot

Leave a comment:

• rootsnall
    replied
    Originally posted by DaveB View Post
    Offshore
    Umbrella
    Loan
    EBT

All the above mixed up together

PS.

Minimum 10 year jail sentence ( no parole ).

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied

Offshore
    Umbrella
    Loan
    EBT

All the above mixed up together

PS.

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied

Leave a comment:

• chicane
    replied

Leave a comment:

• farther pastor
    started a topic Advice needed

Advice needed

Working...
X