• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Yorkshire Accountant"

Collapse

• missinggreenfields
    replied
    Originally posted by Alan @ BroomeAffinity View Post
    Client of mine, ex-client of his (but not a victim of his) swears he was working in a bar in Benalmadena this summer. Could be nonsense mind.
    There's a guy works down our chip shop swears he's Darren.

Leave a comment:

• Alan @ BroomeAffinity
    replied
    Originally posted by saptastic View Post
    Jailed for six years in 2012. So could well be out and about for good behaviour.
    Client of mine, ex-client of his (but not a victim of his) swears he was working in a bar in Benalmadena this summer. Could be nonsense mind.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by stek View Post
    Aren't accountants usually in partnerships?
    They changed the law some time back so that professionals e.g. dentists, lawyers, accountants who normally worked in partnerships could incorporate instead.

He could work in a partnership but the other person would have to be a crook, an ex-con or banned as well to take that risk.

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    He can't be a director for 14 years linky

So he would have to be self-employed.
    Aren't accountants usually in partnerships?

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
    Already out, need a new accountant
    He can't be a director for 14 years linky

So he would have to be self-employed.

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    Originally posted by saptastic View Post
    Jailed for six years in 2012. So could well be out and about for good behaviour.
    He'll be out of choky now, so it may still happen...
    Already out, need a new accountant

Leave a comment:

• saptastic
    replied
    Originally posted by cojak View Post
    We were waiting for him to come back and tell us how he was going to repay Bagpuss.

Leave a comment:

• JohnJizzle
    replied
    I've been using a local accountant in harrogate - does a number of contractors that i know.
    Does everything for around £600 a year (everyone usually pays this £50 monthly)

Leave a comment:

• Fred Bloggs
    replied
    Originally posted by RTB View Post
    I'm based in Leeds, and have been with SJD for over a year now. However, their prices are far too high for the hands off approach they have.

Does anyone have any recommendations for a decent accountant in the area?

Thanks
    Some things haven't changed much though, have they? They have got even more expensive.

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    Originally posted by missinggreenfields View Post
    I wonder if that offer is still open?
    Maybe, but you will have to bring your own tea bags and milk

Leave a comment:

• missinggreenfields
    replied
    Originally posted by Darren@UptonAccountants View Post
    Yep, we're based in Wakefield if you fancy popping in for a brew?
    I wonder if that offer is still open?

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
    Thanks. At least the judge took a less lenient view
    We were waiting for him to come back and tell us how he was going to repay Bagpuss.

Leave a comment:

• barrydidit
    replied
    Originally posted by Lance View Post
    "1 day to reflect on your actions"
    Thanks. At least the judge took a less lenient view

Leave a comment:

• Lance
    replied
    Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
    Also, his CUK account hasn't been banned - is rinsing your clients for half a million quid and being sent down not a bannable offence?
    "1 day to reflect on your actions"

Leave a comment:

• barrydidit
    replied
    'Upton' is CUK shorthand for a vicious dry bumming but I suppose you're right - a thread specifically recommending him isn't ideal. Still, it just goes to show that when it comes to advice on an internet forum: you get what you pay for

Also, his CUK account hasn't been banned - is rinsing your clients for half a million quid and being sent down not a bannable offence?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X