• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Is an umbrella company the best choice?"

Collapse

• WTFH
    replied
    It started with him having 2 permanent jobs (which he called "contracts"):
    https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...contracts.html

Then he said they might not be permanent.

Then he went to Umbrella with 2 temporary contracts and having an employer as well:
    https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...st-choice.html

And then he was back to permanent employment or temporary contract:
    https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...aily-rate.html

Leave a comment:

• GhostofTarbera
    replied
    Originally posted by businessor View Post
    Thanks for the info.

My employer is flexible to offer me a permanent role or a contract.

Would an Umbrella company have a benefit than a permanent role in terms of profits?
    Profits ?? You are PAYE under umbrella

Add both contacts day rates together

53% of that rate will be your take home pay

Any other questions?

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Thanks for the info.

Would an Umbrella company have a benefit than a permanent role in terms of profits?
    You started off with 2 separate contracts, now you talk about a permanent role?

So I'm confused over that part and we can't answer any question as to whether a permanent role is better than an inside IR35 contracts as that really does depend on the company.

Leave a comment:

• businessor
    replied
    Thanks for the info.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Hello

I am looking to undertake two simultaneous contracts that are inside IR35.

Is an Umbrella company the best option in terms of maximising the take home profits?

Can you suggest a trustworthy Umbrella company?

Thanks!
    Its worth saying umbrella companies cannot maximise your take home pay - except for their fees your take home pay will be identical regardless of the umbrella you pick.

And if you find an umbrella that is offering / paying you more take home* than others that's not actually possible as you are personally responsible for the tax you pay so it's only going to give you a short term benefit followed by a lot of long term pain.

* Umbrella companies may be able to soften the tax pain in other ways though - say by salary sacrifice into a pension or cycle to work or car lease scheme.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Yes and speak to Lucy at Clarity Umbrella. She's a regular poster on the forums and knows her stuff.

Leave a comment:

• Lance
    replied
    read this https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...-umbrella.html

and yes an umbrella is the best choice, in that a LTD company would cost you but have no benefits.

Leave a comment:

• businessor
    started a topic Is an umbrella company the best choice?

Is an umbrella company the best choice?

Hello

I am looking to undertake two simultaneous contracts that are inside IR35.

Is an Umbrella company the best option in terms of maximising the take home profits?

Can you suggest a trustworthy Umbrella company?

Thanks!

Working...
X