• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Volunteer needed please for Gov support post"

Collapse

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by malvolio View Post
    ... who got 4.5 million people financial support they were being denied and who now have a very large hammer* to beat the Chancellor over the head with when the current crisis is over.

But that apart, the advice in there is valid, and covers anyone who is a director of a small company regardless of their business area.

*At its simplest - "you can't deny us support aimed at employees and self-employed people because of our financial model and simultaneously tax us as employees or self-employed people".
    Martin Lewis???? For I suspect he did an awful lot more in getting it resolved than IPSE did (as we can see yesterday where it is Martin who is informing limited company owners what to do)....
    Last edited by eek; 28 March 2020, 13:16.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by MPwannadecentincome View Post
    I got bashed in business/accounting for posting in the "wrong" thread yesterday and asking a "stupid" question to which I still do not understand why my question was stupid. .
    Post it again and we will have a look.

Leave a comment:

• MPwannadecentincome
    replied
    Originally posted by malvolio View Post

*At its simplest - "you can't deny us support aimed at employees and self-employed people because of our financial model and simultaneously tax us as employees or self-employed people".
    The need is for simple guidance for those to know when they can claim and how. The govt bashing topic is important but separate.

That was the problem with yesterday's threads, mixing up the two and hard to find the really important information we needed now.

I got bashed in business/accounting for posting in the "wrong" thread yesterday and asking a "stupid" question to which I still do not understand why my question was stupid. To have clear separated discussion topics is the right move rather than the fast moving mess yesterday across multiple threads.

Leave a comment:

• MPwannadecentincome
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    I've had a stab at it - linky here:
    https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...es-thread.html

Feel free to offer suggestions or just delete it if it's a load of rubbish.
    That is REALLY good ty!

I will be looking out for the template to use to officially furlough myself .... if I find a template that is publicly available I will post it on that thread. I will call IPSE on Monday to see if they will produce one.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    I've had a stab at it - linky here:
    https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...es-thread.html

Feel free to offer suggestions or just delete it if it's a load of rubbish.

Leave a comment:

• malvolio
    replied
    Originally posted by cojak View Post
    Yeah, but why should IT contractors bother with that these days? That’s just for self-employed sole traders and freelancers who can claim support...
    ... who got 4.5 million people financial support they were being denied and who now have a very large hammer* to beat the Chancellor over the head with when the current crisis is over.

But that apart, the advice in there is valid, and covers anyone who is a director of a small company regardless of their business area.

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Yeah, but why should IT contractors bother with that these days? That’s just for self-employed sole traders and freelancers who can claim support...

Leave a comment:

• malvolio
    replied
    You could try this one...

Leave a comment:

• MPwannadecentincome
    replied
    Good suggestion thank you Cojak

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    started a topic Volunteer needed please for Gov support post

Volunteer needed please for Gov support post

Hi guys,

It is clear that we are getting a lot of threads from people asking for help to understand this. The reason for that is despite there already being a lot of threads, none of them has a clear title and sets out what the Government has made available to the self employed, and who is in and out of scope (I tried briefly but the title doesn’t help).

https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...ronavirus.html

Could someone please post advice with a clear title and an explanation of the above, along with any link to relevant websites, ala my ‘Should I go or Should I Stay?’ post?

I will sticky it if you do - it will be much appreciated by all!

TIA.

PS, I have also asked Admin to set up a new Coronavirus Assistance forum. We can put all CV related threads so that it’s easier for people to access the information. The sticky will be placed there.

Working...
X