• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Life Insurance as a contractor"

Collapse

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    So you need a broker.
    No - I'm happy with the IPSE life assurance policy.

Which is both cheaper (if I don't take the £25 commission route from Cavendish Online) and available.

Leave a comment:

• DallasDad
    replied
    The top one is, the other two are cots standard policies anyone can buy.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by DallasDad View Post
    I had a return call from an 'Advisor' after pumping my details into Quote Supermarket
    Me 55 years old fit (allegedly) 10 years x 300K = £70 per month for a RL policy with Aegon.
    No idea how competitive that is though as I have not found any way to get direct online quotes for this product

I then did 'compare the morkitt'
    Cheapest was £57.50 per month with Aviva.

Then onto Cavendish
    £25 fee and £47.60 per month with AIG

Are those relevant life policies? (i.e. payable through yourCo?)

Leave a comment:

• DallasDad
    replied
    I looked up the adviser or advisor, take your pick
    https://www.linkedin.com/in/lee-sotheran-3565777b

First two job descriptions are clearly cut and paste adverts for Maine Finance, then it all gets a bit well...
    Would you put something as badly worded as this in your CV?

"I got brought into the company as there was a team of 15 salesman under performing, re-training and motivation was key to my job role here. Given the task of dealing with there compliance..."

I am not saying he doesn't know his product I just thought I would look him up to see who I was talking to.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    Long-term medical condition, yes.
    So you need a broker.

Leave a comment:

• DallasDad
    replied
    I had a return call from an 'Advisor' after pumping my details into Quote Supermarket
    Me 55 years old fit (allegedly) 10 years x 300K = £70 per month for a RL policy with Aegon.
    No idea how competitive that is though as I have not found any way to get direct online quotes for this product

I then did 'compare the morkitt'
    Cheapest was £57.50 per month with Aviva.

Then onto Cavendish
    £25 fee and £47.60 per month with AIG

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Are you sick?
    Long-term medical condition, yes.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    I'll take that wager

Initially, Cavendish were 30p a month cheaper than IPSE if I paid the £25 fee. Went into the questions and was then told "Sorry, we are unable to insure you"
    Are you sick?

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
    I guarantee, like for like, Cavendish will be cheaper. They charge a small one off admin fee to you, then they knock their commission off the monthly premium. It's always cheaper than anywhere else.
    I'll take that wager

Initially, Cavendish were 30p a month cheaper than IPSE if I paid the £25 fee. Went into the questions and was then told "Sorry, we are unable to insure you"

Leave a comment:

• Fred Bloggs
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    Check the IPSE scheme, if you're a member.
    I guarantee, like for like, Cavendish will be cheaper. They charge a small one off admin fee to you, then they knock their commission off the monthly premium. It's always cheaper than anywhere else.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Check the IPSE scheme, if you're a member.

Leave a comment:

• Fred Bloggs
    replied
    I don't know if they offer what you want, but Cavendish Online have always been the cheapest for insurances that I have found.

Leave a comment:

• DallasDad
    replied
    Is there an online quote tool for RL policies?
    How do they compare to standard cots life policies?
    So far all I have read is Gumph for advisors to use and portals harvesting detail with promises to call back later with the best quote which have turned out to simply be pimps for individual companies.

So what is the best way to buy one of these policies and compare prices?

Edit
    Here is a bit of waffle specifically mentioning IT contractors but for me when I see mention of the word IFA that immediately means add on Kerching which is a bit off putting!

https://www.unbiased.co.uk/news/how-...ess-money/1874
    Last edited by DallasDad; 10 March 2016, 20:02. Reason: url

Leave a comment:

• kaiser78
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    Have you read the thread?

There is now a relevant life policy that covers CI and can be paid through yourCo.

However, some of us would like HMRC to confirm that Aviva's interpretation matches their own.
    Sorry no, not all of it. I was basing on my experiences from last year when looking to set this up, although am still not sure if this is cost effective...

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by kaiser78 View Post
    Relevant Life doesn't cover CI, just Life.

For me CI is just as important, however the premium shoots up as a result, as I have just found up from topping up... And you cannot charge CI cover through the Ltd co.
    Have you read the thread?

There is now a relevant life policy that covers CI and can be paid through yourCo.

However, some of us would like HMRC to confirm that Aviva's interpretation matches their own.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X