• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Life Insurance as a contractor

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't know if they offer what you want, but Cavendish Online have always been the cheapest for insurances that I have found.
    Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
    Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Check the IPSE scheme, if you're a member.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
        Check the IPSE scheme, if you're a member.
        I guarantee, like for like, Cavendish will be cheaper. They charge a small one off admin fee to you, then they knock their commission off the monthly premium. It's always cheaper than anywhere else.
        Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
        Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
          I guarantee, like for like, Cavendish will be cheaper. They charge a small one off admin fee to you, then they knock their commission off the monthly premium. It's always cheaper than anywhere else.
          I'll take that wager

Initially, Cavendish were 30p a month cheaper than IPSE if I paid the £25 fee. Went into the questions and was then told "Sorry, we are unable to insure you"
          Best Forum Advisor 2014
          Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
          Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
            I'll take that wager

Initially, Cavendish were 30p a month cheaper than IPSE if I paid the £25 fee. Went into the questions and was then told "Sorry, we are unable to insure you"
            Are you sick?
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
              Are you sick?
              Long-term medical condition, yes.
              Best Forum Advisor 2014
              Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
              Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

I had a return call from an 'Advisor' after pumping my details into Quote Supermarket
                Me 55 years old fit (allegedly) 10 years x 300K = £70 per month for a RL policy with Aegon.
                No idea how competitive that is though as I have not found any way to get direct online quotes for this product

I then did 'compare the morkitt'
                Cheapest was £57.50 per month with Aviva.

Then onto Cavendish
                £25 fee and £47.60 per month with AIG
                So now I am worried, am I being deceived, just how much sugar is really in a spoon full!

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                  Long-term medical condition, yes.
                  So you need a broker.
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

I looked up the adviser or advisor, take your pick
                    https://www.linkedin.com/in/lee-sotheran-3565777b

First two job descriptions are clearly cut and paste adverts for Maine Finance, then it all gets a bit well...
                    Would you put something as badly worded as this in your CV?

"I got brought into the company as there was a team of 15 salesman under performing, re-training and motivation was key to my job role here. Given the task of dealing with there compliance..."

I am not saying he doesn't know his product I just thought I would look him up to see who I was talking to.
                    So now I am worried, am I being deceived, just how much sugar is really in a spoon full!

Comment

Originally posted by DallasDad View Post
                      I had a return call from an 'Advisor' after pumping my details into Quote Supermarket
                      Me 55 years old fit (allegedly) 10 years x 300K = £70 per month for a RL policy with Aegon.
                      No idea how competitive that is though as I have not found any way to get direct online quotes for this product

I then did 'compare the morkitt'
                      Cheapest was £57.50 per month with Aviva.

Then onto Cavendish
                      £25 fee and £47.60 per month with AIG

Are those relevant life policies? (i.e. payable through yourCo?)

Comment

Working...
                      X