• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: EV Company Car

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "EV Company Car"

Collapse

• Yorkie62
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Yeah but if it doesn't make a lot of noise doing it doesn't count.
    +1

That is why I have a Ducati

Leave a comment:

• DallasDad
    replied
    It does buts no fun. Now sitting there with a big V8 burbling and popping. Lovely.
    Just for you, mine was the blue one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccEccPZAr7A

And nope I am not buying a Tesla through My Co that is a bit too much but I quite fancy an Ionic but the future Bik on an already ott retail price is rather off putting.

Leave a comment:

• BackupBoy
    replied
    Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
    Seriously? You mean people actually believe the figures Mitsubishi published? Taking one for a 20 or 30 mile test drive will show you the true fuel consumption. It's hard to believe anyone that dense would part with £30k+ on a car without looking into it properly. I'm astonished.
    All that such people see is zero VED and high MPG available for <£200 on a PCP.

Leave a comment:

• Fred Bloggs
    replied
    Originally posted by timbiller View Post
    Every time Mitsubishi try to run a positive story about this car on FB they get hundreds of responses from disgruntled buyers who say they are only getting 30mpg instead of the claimed 100+. I wouldn't want to run their corporate social media desk.

I see the same thing from EE, various insurance companies - people do see FB as a great way to moan and complain direct to the maker/seller/provider.
    Seriously? You mean people actually believe the figures Mitsubishi published? Taking one for a 20 or 30 mile test drive will show you the true fuel consumption. It's hard to believe anyone that dense would part with £30k+ on a car without looking into it properly. I'm astonished.

Leave a comment:

• BackupBoy
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    Well, the Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV is in trouble for dodgy emissions/performance data. They used an "illegal" one to do the tests, then calculated what they think the values should have been if it had been legal. Not sure if that will get much press in the UK
    Every time Mitsubishi try to run a positive story about this car on FB they get hundreds of responses from disgruntled buyers who say they are only getting 30mpg instead of the claimed 100+. I wouldn't want to run their corporate social media desk.

I see the same thing from EE, various insurance companies - people do see FB as a great way to moan and complain direct to the maker/seller/provider.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Well, the Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV is in trouble for dodgy emissions/performance data. They used an "illegal" one to do the tests, then calculated what they think the values should have been if it had been legal. Not sure if that will get much press in the UK

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    What about the 70k hole in your war chest?

Leave a comment:

• portseven
    replied
    just been talking to accountant and doing some sum's wouldn't mind 3rd opinion...

car cost circa £70K
    with the capital write off of that in the first year, i am reducing corp tax by about £14K
    so as a result i have £14K still in the company not taxable, to do with how i want....

getting it on finance through the company, monthly payments are circa £800
    so i have £800 less profit and to pay myself divi's with
    the impact of that £800 is reduced somewhat by no perssonal car finance, fuel, etc. (but not forgetting BIK tax)

but with the corp tax savings, i could compensate that by releasing that saved £14K as divi's at whatever rate i want (e.g £14K / 24 months or 12 months or whatever)

my maths is seeing that i am not much worse off in take home cash by doing this....in fact the more expensive car i get, the savings are greater due to the increased amount i am offsetting against corp tax (20% of cars initial value).
    Last edited by portseven; 14 May 2016, 21:24.

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    Originally posted by jonnieboy View Post
    I believe the correct "Tesla" term is "ludicrous speed"
    Did you see that ludicrous display last night?

Leave a comment:

• jonnieboy
    replied
    Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
    True, people won't think you're a complete and utter tosser if it makes it to warp speed
    I believe the correct "Tesla" term is "ludicrous speed"

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    It does buts no fun. Now sitting there with a big V8 burbling and popping. Lovely.

It's a funny juxtaposition the more the more people hate a noisy car accelerating the the less the owner cares. He'll have a grin from ear to ear. That said there is a difference between someone enjoying the car and someone showing off for no apparent reason so I get that situation.

We are excluding the tosspots in loud souped up corsa and the like types of course.

Leave a comment:

• TykeMerc
    replied
    True, people won't think you're a complete and utter tosser if it makes it to warp speed without it yelling out shiiiiiiiiiiiit heaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad as some moron rags it through the gears.

Considering the state of the roads and congestion in the UK expensive mega fast cars seem rather silly. A comfortable place to be while sat in the traffic jams makes sense.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by portseven View Post
    the difference is 0-60 in 2.8 seconds!
    It's also not £600 a month with that option. Nearer £1000

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by portseven View Post

Leave a comment:

• portseven
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    True but there is a hell of a difference between leasing a car for £240 a month and leasing a car at £600 a month with benefit in kind tax on top.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X