• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Can I give to a charity if I know they will pay my expenses for volunteering for them"

Collapse

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Troll possibly. Sockie, no.
    We still ban trolls though? :hopefulsmiley

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by Pondlife View Post

Own up! Who owns this one?
    Troll possibly. Sockie, no.

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    FTFY
    Oh, Ta for that.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
    A new entry into the Itrymybest Hall of Fame.

Can I buy a generator for a charity in Asia?

Can I buy a 2nd hand macbook and claim more than I paid?

Can I lend a charity my laptop?

Onshore indians better than UK nationals.

Can I give my company laptop to my wife/friend?

Can I lend my company laptop to my dad?

Can I buy RedBull as a business expense?

Search Results - Contractor UK Bulletin Board

FTFY

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    If you can expense a toyboy, can I know someone who might be interested in claiming for some unexpected Russian expenses...
    Darn sorry. I must have added it to my autocorrect after updating my grindr profile
    Last edited by northernladuk; 9 October 2015, 11:13.

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Why not donate 2k minus the expenses and training and toyboy for it? That's a lot of money to be giving to a charity and then appear to be connected. I'd be wanting to have a good look at that if it was a tax inspector.
    If you can expense a toyboy, can I know someone who might be interested in claiming for some unexpected Russian expenses...

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    A new entry into the Itrymybest Hall of Fame.

Can I buy a generator for a charity in Asia?

Can I buy a 2nd hand macbook and claim more than I paid?

Can I lend a charity my laptop?

Onshore indians better than UK nationals.

Can I give my company laptop to my wife/friend?

Can I lend my company laptop to my dad?

Can I buy RedBull as a business expense?

http://forums.contractoruk.com/searc...st&showposts=1

Last edited by Pondlife; 9 October 2015, 11:09.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Why not donate 2k minus the expenses and training and you pay for it? That's a lot of money to be giving to a charity and then appear to be connected. I'd be wanting to have a good look at that if it was a tax inspector.
    Last edited by northernladuk; 9 October 2015, 11:02.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Give them all you want it makes no difference.... Oh hang on my spider senses are tingling... You actually meant to inform us this is YOUR COMPANY wants to give 2k right?

Leave a comment:

• Can I give to a charity if I know they will pay my expenses for volunteering for them

I would like to give some money to a charity, £2000 as donation. But I know they want me to help them with new tasks they are involved with. They will pay expenses for travel and training. Is these allowed?

If you’re given something in return

Any benefits you’re given in return for your donation (eg tickets to an event) must be below a certain value.
    Donation amount Maximum value of benefit
    Up to £100 25% of the donation
    £101 - £1,000 £25
    £1,001 and over 5% of the donation (up to a maximum of £2,500)

Working...
X