• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Lord is my Shepherd, or my imaginary friends are called bob.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Lord is my Shepherd, or my imaginary friends are called bob.

So, does one attend church through a spiritual following, or as it gives out free wine and a pew on Christmas Eve?
    I have one master - My god
    22.22%
    I have one master - Bates
    11.11%
    I have one master - My wife
    22.22%
    My sect is led by AndyW's mum
    44.44%

If God (a higher intelligence) exists I don't think he would be bothered if people believed in him or not. Church is a waste of money and resources when there are so many needy people. Moreover, priests are money grabbing ****s. The local church has not even paid their bill to me. They expect everything no charge. Money, money money unlike the synagogues and mosques
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
      If God (a higher intelligence) exists I don't think he would be bothered if people believed in him or not. Church is a waste of money and resources when there are so many needy people. Moreover, priests are money grabbing ****s. The local church has not even paid their bill to me. They expect everything no charge. Money, money money unlike the synagogues and mosques
      Muslim contractor colleague pays 13% of ALL of his money to the local mosque....

That's a very rich mosque if you did the numbers.

Maybe thats a cracking Plan B

Comment

Originally posted by Hawk View Post
        Muslim contractor colleague pays 13% of ALL of his money to the local mosque....

That's a very rich mosque if you did the numbers.

Maybe thats a cracking Plan B
        Yep, applying for planning permission now
        "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Been done soooooooooooooooooooooooo many times.
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
            Been done soooooooooooooooooooooooo many times.
            so an established and reliable revenue stream
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

A church (or other religious equivalent) might have loads of income if people tithe or their equivalent, but that doesn't make the church rich. Our church believes in tithing and though I do not know what % of members do this, annual income is 6 figures. However this is spent on projects in the local community as well as around the world, from supporting local foodbanks to building schools in India.
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
              X