• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

That bloody song

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That bloody song

I've had "Don't Stop Believing", the Journey original, stuck in my head for the last three days. I finally got shot of it this morning only for R2 to play it on my way to work this morning and it's back with a vengance.

Don't get me wrong, it's a great song, possibly one of the The Great songs but it's getting a bit much now
    Last edited by DaveB; 4 March 2010, 09:38.
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

just try appending something else to the "don't stop" bit

like "don't stop me now"

or "don't stop 'till you get enough"

or?

Comment

Originally posted by DS23 View Post
      just try appending something else to the "don't stop" bit

like "don't stop me now"

or "don't stop 'till you get enough"

or?
      Surely "don't stop" is the negative form of the British "Carry on"?

Comment

Mark and Lard

STOP.......... carry on
        The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

I'm having the same problem with The Courteeners - You overdid it doll.

Not sure it's such a great song though.

Comment

"How can we be lovers if we can't be friends" by ?? has been my latest. Listen to all this rock stuff on the exercise machine.

I have dispensed my brilliant advice on this before. Just kill it with another song. Maybe a Cliff Richard ballad, that would kill anything.
            bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
            John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
              "How can we be lovers if we can't be friends" by ?? has been my latest. Listen to all this rock stuff on the exercise machine.

I have dispensed my brilliant advice on this before. Just kill it with another song. Maybe a Cliff Richard ballad, that would kill anything.
              I did that to MrsB once. She complained about a song she had stuck in her head so I played her Rolf Harris "Sun Arise". For some reason she didnt thank me
              "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Working...
              X