• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Strongbow!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
    Haven't seen it round our way, but you can get Addlestones Cloudy & Aspalls on tap in a select few bars and pubs around here, both of which are fine drinks.
    Addlestones... we used to call it Addlebrain in my local

One of the regulars, a chap in his early forties, used to drink six or seven pints of it a night, every night. After about six months of this he woke up one morning feeling as if he was going to die. He managed to drag himself down to A&E, where he was seen quite quickly due to his dreadful appearance.

The doctor examined him and announced cheerfully "It's OK - you've just got DTs"

He switched back to lager after that

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      Addlestones... we used to call it Addlebrain in my local

One of the regulars, a chap in his early forties, used to drink six or seven pints of it a night, every night. After about six months of this he woke up one morning feeling as if he was going to die. He managed to drag himself down to A&E, where he was seen quite quickly due to his dreadful appearance.

The doctor examined him and announced cheerfully "It's OK - you've just got DTs"

He switched back to lager after that
      Yes, it's not a session drink
      ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

In the days of my youth in Cornwall we used to drink the local scrumpy. Farmers sold it by the 5 gallon barrel for about £10, no extra charge for the bits in it.

Tasted like apple juice and straw, 2 pints and you'd have trouble walking.

We'd sling the barrel on a scaffold pole and take it with us on a friday or saturday night out.
        "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Zider makes I spooky.
          Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Working...
          X