• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greetings denizens (if any)

I was chatting to the landlord of the pub (he who has drummed for such luminaries as Lou Reed, Viv Stanshall, and The Rutles - i.e. Neil Innes - over the years) and we got onto the subject of music that young people like but we can't stand.

I pointed out that the perceived quality of music changes as one ages, in that one likes something but later realises it's rubbish - but sometimes the opposite applies, and one thinks something is rubbish but comes to appreciate it as one gets older

Still, we agreed that almost everything done in the name of rap is crap

Anyway, I listened to some Glenn Miller followed by some Japanese pop on the way home - I think that straddles a range sufficient to demonstrate that whatever ways I may be set in, they are at least non-obvious

The Shipping Forecast is now over, so I shall bid you all goodnight

EDIT: looks like that Yuki link on my original post is dead now This one currently works, but doesn't have the HD option
    Last edited by NickFitz; 25 September 2009, 00:07. Reason: Dead link two links hence

Comment

Good morning all!

Morning CM!

Comment

Morning all
        Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Originally posted by DS23 View Post
          played a mean hammond and super slide guitar too.
          I was once offered a Hammond, but couldn't arrange to have it transported

Comment

morning all

Comment

Morning all

Comment

Originally posted by DS23 View Post
                oh dear. the mistakes of our youth. spending more and more cash on very dodgy albums in a desperate effort to get everything related to a band.

now what does that remind me of?
                That sounds very familiar

Comment

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
                  I was once offered a Hammond, but couldn't arrange to have it transported
                  Was it upside down half dead in a crashed dragster?

Comment

Mum was taken back into hospital yesterday, and stayed overnight. She should be back out again today though.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                      Was it upside down half dead in a crashed dragster?
                      With a messy haircut. No

Comment

Working...
                      X