• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
    Morning DS

Just been handed a gnarly bug to look at, in a system I don't know
    Sounds like you need a bacon butty to help you think!

Comment

The fictional character Arnold Rimmer (from the BBC TV science fiction-comedy series Red Dwarf) is a big fan of Hammond organ music. He is particularly fond of an artist by the name of Reggie Wilson (a satirical reference to Reginald Dixon), whose Hammond organ albums include "Lift Music Classics" and "Funking up Wagner". Rimmer has also taught the Skutters to play the Hammond organ and declared every Wednesday night to be "Amateur Hammond Organ Recital Night". None of the other crew of the Red Dwarf spaceship particularly enjoy Rimmer's taste in music.

Comment

Captain Morgan and his Hammond Organ was a recurring Viz strip of the early 1990s featuring a pirate named Captain Morgan. Although he looked like a conventional buccaneer, Captain Morgan was always accompanied by his electronic Hammond organ. He would show up in highly inappropriate situations, attempting to organize singalongs of cheerful ditties which always jeopardized his crew's piratical exploits. He consequently ended most strips being forced to walk the plank. A weakness of this strip's premise was the fact that Captain Morgan always had to remain sitting down (at his organ bench) with his hands occupied at the keyboard, thus limiting his potential activities.

Comment

This Viz strip was terminated after the magazine received complaints from the Hammond electronic organ company and from Seagrams, manufacturers of Captain Morgan Spiced Rum, a product which prominently features a flamboyant pirate captain on its packaging. Thus, Viz managed to offend two completely unrelated corporations with the same character. Creator Chris Donald also noted in his book Rude Kids that he had been threatened with legal action from the copyright owners of some of the songs featured, and did not think that having the character sing royalty free hymns or children's songs would be quite as funny for the reader.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
            He's 67 years old, smoked since he was 9, has lost his voice and 2 stone in weight - which he can't afford to lose!

Until he sees the Doctor we won't know.
            yikes. doesn't sound good but could be something and nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by DS23 View Post
              yikes. doesn't sound good but could be something and nothing.
              best wishes and chin up. your ma is going to need a lot of support.

Comment

Originally posted by DS23 View Post
                best wishes and chin up. your ma is going to need a lot of support.
                does she like handbags?

Comment

century?

Comment

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
                    Morning DS

Just been handed a gnarly bug to look at, in a system I don't know
                    morning vdf - opportunity knocks!

Comment

handful of tea bag in my drawer. I'll leave them.

3/4 jar douwe egberts coffee - I'll take that home.

Just my book, pen, cup and glass to take.

Comment

Working...
                      X