• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
    I liked Swansea.
    Really?

It's full of Jacks.

Comment

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
      By all accounts she plays a "programmer"
      Ah.

"Come with me if you want to code" rather than "Come with me if you want to live" then.

I miss the Sarah Connor Chronicles.

It pisses me off that with John Connor stuck in the future, we'll now never know what happens next.

That last episode was quite surreal in its way.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
        It pisses me off that with John Connor stuck in the future, we'll now never know what happens next.
        The writers would find a way around that if they really wanted to.
        Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

I wouldn't know
          Or me.

Otherwise I'd be doing something other than posting nonsense on here on a lovely sunny afternoon.

Come to think of it, I did.

I walked all the way to Lidl & back again.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
            Are you a primate? No. You're a Giant Alien Lizard.

Shouldn't you be bending forward at the hip and using your tail as a counterweight? Yes.

You've been too long on Earth, scaly-one.
            You may be right.

This chamaeleon suit is getting a bit old...

Hurry up & develop that warp drive.

I've been stuck here for centuries already.

And it feels like millennia.

Comment

I wonder why they sent me two identical copies of New Scientist this week

I did notice in WHS that there were two different covers to the magazine this week.

Comment

Oh well, I'd better go & crimp some F connectors (spit) on that satellite cable I installed last Thursday regardless of the risk to life & limb.

The crimping tool I have doesn't quite fit the connectors I bought, but it does a good enough job.

They don't fall off but they're not exactly pretty.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                  I'm always slightly alarmed when I pass one of these NTL cabinets which invariably appear to have the cover held on by string or ty-wrap or some other bodge.
                  So am I. Proper teenage yoofs tear the doors right off.

Kids of today, eh? No idea how to do proper vandalism.
                  My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

You need beer - nature's painkiller.
                    It's a muscle relaxant too, so it's good for muscles in spasm.

And it's full of B vitamins.

And energy.

And fluid. You need to keep your fluid intake up for your kidneys' sake.

It's also dilates blood vessels so it's good for my high blood pressure too.
                    My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      That was what it said after it was turned off and on again
                      Maybe you should not have turned it off and on again.

Had you been instructed to undertake that engineering activity by the properly trained and authorised officer of the VirginMedia telephone £1-a-minute helldesk? Or did you decide to interfere with the equipment yourself.

You should only do as the Helldesk tells you. Bob Shawadiwadi knows best.

Comment

Working...
                      X