• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    BrilloPad 24,511
    zeitghost 18,953
    voodooflux 14,876
    DS23 14,600
    cailin maith 13,297
    BrowneIssue 11,357
    Diver 11,164
    NickFitz 10,881
    TheFaQQer 9,743
    FiveTimes 8,008

Welcome back
    Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
      I read that as Avatar at first...
      WHS

Looking forward to that movie - one for the IMAX methinks.
      Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Evening denizens

The landlord-of-the-pub's-son-who-also-manages-the-place-when-his-dad-isn't-doing-so caught up with me near Fitzwilliam College (no relation) and gave me a lift back to the hotel - very kind of him, but I'd been looking forward to listening to something on the iPod as I walked. Still, it would have been churlish to decline his kind offer

Comment

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
          Originally posted by Bunk View Post
          I read that as Avatar at first
          WHS
          I am happy to confirm, for the benefit of those denizens who take an interest in the movie industry, that my old acquaintance Avtar is not at this time, and possibly never will be, a Major Motion Picture

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            I used to work in the same pub as Tjinder and Avtar at the time Cornershop were starting up

They didn't work there in 1991 as Wikipedia says, though - it was closed from 1990 to 1991. Dave and Haz refurbished it (in the sense of making it look exactly as it had looked for the last fifty years - I worked there for months before realising they'd raised one of the bars four inches) and re-opened it in 1992; Tjinder and Avtar worked there from either late '92 or early '93. Tjinder didn't like the work that much though (some of the older punters could be a bit rough and ready), and left after a few months.

I saw Avtar the other week - he lives a couple of streets away from me.
            That takes me back a bit.

I saw the Red Hot Chili Peppers play at Brixton Academy in the autumn of 1995 when they were touring with their "One hot minute" album (this album was not as successful as its predecessor "Blood Sugar Sex Magik" and at the time the band were embroiled with personnel problems trying to secure a regular guitarist along with the singer's drug addictions to the point that they nearly gave up completely and to my chagrin never play any of the songs from it live, ).

I am certain that the intro music they used while taking the stage was "Brimful of Asha" (not the remix version that was to be the hit) but that does not quite match the dates of its release on Wikipedia.

Moby was the support act and on the basis of his manic performance I rushed out to buy "Everything is Wrong" but ended up being disappointed. That of course pre-dates the mellow ambient stuff that he is now known for.

Comment

...And, as another Shipping Forecast draws towards its "occasionally squally" conclusion, I shall bid you all goodnight

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                ...And, as another Shipping Forecast draws towards its "occasionally squally" conclusion, I shall bid you all goodnight
                Good night.

Time for my lunch.

Comment

eh?

Comment

morning all

Comment

Good morning chaps and chapesses.

Comment

Working...
                      X