• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Remember: take them by the balls, and their hearts and minds will follow
    I'm not grabbing spider balls! Are you mad???

They'd bite my hand off at the wrist.
    My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      I shall take my millions (once I have them) elsewhere
      I have some bad news.

Over the past decade, the Missus & I have done as the Tories once said and "got on our bikes to find work". Chasing contracts, I've been to a variety of places (in no particular order) in North West Wales, North East Wales, South Wales, the North East, the North West, the South West, the South, the South East, East Anglia and shortly the Midlands.

There are recurring themes:

1. Everywhere we move to we are told by the residents that the area has gone downhill this past ten years.

2. Every town centre now has a drunken yoof (lads and ladettes) problem.

3. The Police are no longer to be seen except at 2 a.m. when the clubs tip out.

4. All the nice little shops have gone and been replaced with mobile phone shops --> charity shops --> pound shops --> boarded up.

5. Getting around by car is harder, and "we never had these pot holes in the road round here".

6. Public transport is too late starting, too early finishing and too infrequent to get you to work.

7. Pregnant, smoking slappers with dirty children in tow, pushing push chairs are the dominant form of life to be seen out and about.

8. There are beggars in all towns now.

9. Everyone is under the impression it is a local problem that only applies to their town.

Some of the places I am referring to have been posh, wealthy little towns quite recently and there is clearly still money about.

Where do you intend to go, NickFitz?

NB: I cannot comment on Scotland; maybe they have not yet lowered their standards enough for me to get a contract there.
      My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Bear has been quiet for a couple of months. I wonder what he's up to.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
          Another Spider Patrol has come back and reported "No sightings".

They're up to something. I can feel it.
          If it's too quiet out there, I'd be very worried...

Watch out for the arrow in the chest...

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
            If it's too quiet out there, I'd be very worried...

Watch out for the arrow in the chest...
            Oh do shut up, Pike.

<RC in Sergeant Wilson mode.>

Comment

Morning all
              Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
                I'm pleased with the Damien Duff signing, should give us more attacking options.
                I'd forgotten about that - another very good signing.

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
                Sorry RC
                WHS
                Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Comment

According to my DigiGuide this is on at 4pm:

COMEDY: The Brothers
                    On: BBC Radio 7
                    Date: Sunday 23rd August 2009 (starting in 1 hour and 23 minutes)
                    Time: 16:00 to 16:30 (30 minutes long)

Starting a website-design company, two brothers struggle through life. Stars Adam Godley and Raymond Coulthard. From May 2004. Episode 1 of 4.

Excerpt taken from DigiGuide - the world's best TV guide available from http://www.getdigiguide.com/?p=1&r=25892
                    Copyright (c) GipsyMedia Limited.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
                      Starting a website-design company, two brothers struggle through life.
                      What makes this ironic is when I tried to search for it online, I found the real-life-mimics-art instances:

http://www.designbrothers.co.uk/

http://www.2broz.com/

http://internetbrothers.com/layout.htm

http://sitebrothers.com/

and so on.

Comment

Working...
                      X