• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

take command number two!

Comment

aye aye captain!

pilchard! get me a piece of rope!

Comment

oh no! moans pilchard <scampers off>

Comment

Originally posted by zara_backdog View Post
          Should I do it?

Found out I did not get the gig I was interviewed for this morning - I was a close 2nd so the agent said. Role was not strictly a BA but more of a man manager whilst they implemented a new system.

Now, Bloke who offered me the low paid permie job came back and offered a 3month contract based on 30k pa stressed that was the limit ( about 7.5K for the duration) but I have not got back to him yet. Not too far away 10 miles or so but a pig to get to and lousy area ( Smethwick)

After being benched since March I am tempted as it is more PM work - and would look good on the old CV.

Oh well - at least it would stop me dipping into my remaining funds

Think I will sleep on it before sending email.
          Half a loaf is better than no bread. Then again, if there's something else in the offing, it may be better to hang your fire as long as possible

Still, half a loaf... decisions, decisions

Comment

Originally posted by DS23 View Post
            good work number two. tell them to shout the distance. steady as she goes bosun.
            twenty-three

Comment

They just referred to a "new high" in "Trafalgar" in the Shipping Forecast!

Take that, Valencia

Comment

Then again, I'm not sure if they really did replace Trafalgar with Valencia - that may have just been something I read somewhere, which is the province of General

Either way, I am now packed except for what I need in the morning, and ready to escape for the weekend (after another arduous day thinking of things to do at ClientOrg), and the Shipping Forecast has reached its end once again; so I shall wish you all goodnight from me, and everybody at Broadcasting House

Comment

Morning drivellers
                  Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Morning TPD, I can take a brief foray back on here; working from home today!
                    B00med!

Comment

Originally posted by Advocate View Post
                      Morning TPD, I can take a brief foray back on here; working from home today!
                      Morning Ad - it's been a while

What you been up to?
                      Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Working...
                      X