• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's been a jolly weekend so far...

The RCD trip thingie started randomly and intermittently tripping on Friday night.

After some investigation, I think it's caused by a surge filter.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

You cant do NOTHING! For a start the kettle needs descaling.......
      That always amuses me... they sell stuff in various shops around here to descale kettles; our water is so soft that it is totally unnecessary....

I was amazed when I worked in Letchworth, how much less itchy my skin was coz the soap wasn't so effective with all the calcium in the water...

Comment

Originally posted by Gonzo View Post
        I think he has nodded off.

El Gonzo

got
        a
        PALI*

!!!
        !!!

Merely for completeness or something

*subject to revision in the event of newbie posts...

Trees are still happy...

Comment

well today we set a new record at Church. Baby BP normally survives most of the way through the service. Today he made it to the opening hymn. He had a total anger fit.

He is now in his cot screaming his head off kicking the cot to bits.

This will teach him a lesson.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            Right, that's the washing done.

The only downside to the new gig is that one is expected to wear those shirts with buttons and trousers with creases, like the clothes you see people wearing in offices on the telly. I haven't worked anywhere that didn't allow jeans and t-shirts in about six years - in fact, in my entire career I've hardly ever worked anywhere that had any kind of dress code
            When I started in ejumakashun, I used to wear shirts & ties & proper creased trousers & such like, as I would normally.

I soon realised that I was more smartly dressed than the lecturers & gave up.

I wear jeans these days, but those £9.50 ones from M&S are sufficiently unjeanlike that someone thought they were proper posh trousers...

(It was the lustee, by the way... )

Haven't worn a tie for yonks apart from going to a funeral.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

well today we set a new record at Church. Baby BP normally survives most of the way through the service. Today he made it to the opening hymn. He had a total anger fit.

He is now in his cot screaming his head off kicking the cot to bits.

This will teach him a lesson.
              He calmed downed so is now in the rear extension watching ITNG.

Comment

I am now off to collect Mrs BP and the twins from church

Comment

Morning

May your Easter eggs be plentiful. And large.
                  Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

nearly lunch time

I just took the twins on an easter egg hunt at fairy hill park.

Comment

I shall have 200,000th post in this thread...

Comment

Working...
                      X