• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They've reopened the road now the crane has gone...

Comment

Originally posted by zara_backdog View Post
      How's it going apart from installing you s/w?
      OK thanks - I've now got everything installed again, and have managed to successfully build the project

There's lots of documentation to have a read of, so that helps pass the time. The project itself is at a bit of a transitional phase at the moment, so it seems there's a good chance I won't have to do anything very much until after Easter

Oh, and the subsidised canteen is FTW - had a humungous portion of chicken chasseur (made on the premises with fresh ingredients, not just some bought-in rubbish) and wonderfully crispy saute spuds for the princely sum of £2.40

I think I'll be eating my main meal at lunchtime for the duration of this gig - tomorrow promises lamb madras, although the gammon steak and chips is also tempting

The last time I had food this good and so cheap in a place of work was at TV Centre in 1999

Comment

They have closed the top end of Deansgate for Gas Mains repair work - now there are a bunch of knobs out there in charge of pneumatic drills.... I need a headache tablet
        Bazza gets caught
        Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          The last time I had food this good and so cheap in a place of work was at TV Centre in 1999
          You'll get fat...

Comment

Feck.

Looks like I'm here until 17:15 again...

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
              You'll get fat...
              On the plus side, it's a forty minute walk in from the hotel. I know this because I walked out this morning just in time to see the bus go zooming by, apparently a few minutes early. I decided to walk instead, only to be passed a while later by another bus - the one I'd seen was actually the previous bus running late

But it's a nice enough walk, and I almost caught up with the bus in the city centre traffic; so I figure I may as well walk instead.

Comment

Byeee

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post

Byeee

Comment

Evening all

Comment

Well bugger me, it's Dixon of bleeding "Doc Green".

How are you sarge?

Comment

Working...
                      X