• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bored now.

It hasn't taken long this week.

Thank crunchy it's a short week...

Comment

Terribly strict security here

"All mobile phones capable of picture messaging must be turned off on these premises."

I wonder what to do about the 10 megapixel camera in my pocket

Comment

My bread roll tasted distinctly odd.

Of some sort of cleaner...

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          Terribly strict security here

"All mobile phones capable of picture messaging must be turned off on these premises."

I wonder what to do about the 10 megapixel camera in my pocket

That reminds me of the plant where I worked that had absolute bans on matches & lighter being taken inside... (explosion risk).

I discovered a book of matches in the lining of my jacket coz there was a hole in one of the pockets... <kaboom>

That was the place that killed one of the fitters when the room flood CO2 system went off by accident & he fell over & knocked himself out as he was trying to leave.

Comment

Just a short visit

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post

That reminds me of the plant where I worked that had absolute bans on matches & lighter being taken inside... (explosion risk).

I discovered a book of matches in the lining of my jacket coz there was a hole in one of the pockets... <kaboom>

That was the place that killed one of the fitters when the room flood CO2 system went off by accident & he fell over & knocked himself out as he was trying to leave.

Having read the "Security Policy" with all its dire warnings about what will be done to me if I use any software that hasn't been approved by the IT crowd, I'm then asked to install a bunch of stuff necessary for the project... and told "Feel free to install anything else you like - well, as long as it's free, or at least not ripped off."

Comment

Don't you just love it when that happens?

"We've got all these rules; just ignore them"...

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                    Don't you just love it when that happens?

"We've got all these rules; just ignore them"...
                    Indeed

I wonder if the corporate ban on Facebook (well, on "social networking sites") is rigorously enforced

Comment

Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Working...
                      X