• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
    < drools >

until elevenses
    That was Elevenses, well, Half Past Tensies to be exact. We'd had coffee and a slice of toast at 7:30 cos we had an early start to take son to the station to catch his train to Portsmouth.
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Had a slight problem with the printer I was using to produce transparencies for making pcbs... one of them disappeared completely.

Looked down the back: nothing.

Moved stuff out from under the table: nothing...

Looked inside printer: nothing...

Double clicked on the driver icon thingie on the tray... "unknown error"... always a good sign.

Clicked on the RTFM tab & RTFM...

Discovered several things I previously knew nothing about and a concealed levery thing that dropped the duplex tray (that I didn't know existed).

Extracted said A5 sheet of tracing paper from duplex tray.

Odd thing was that I wasn't using the duplex bit anyway... not much point in that with a pcb transparency.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
        The water gets deep then does it?
        Not so much - it drains away via another part of the office. It builds up on the roof where this office joins to the next, then reaches a critical point where it becomes too much for the gutter to handle and then comes in as torrent straight down the wall - a bit like a tsunami version of a Japanese water wall effect. The wall in question is home to several electric heaters and a good number of power outlets.
        Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Music Tech lot this afternoon...

At least they're polite.

Comment

Originally posted by zara_backdog View Post
            Think ours is Ok but the dogs barked earlier and when I looked outside a couple of tiles had come of the roof of the house over the road, thie son was outside looking where it/they had landed on the bonnet of his TT. He did not look happy.
            Oh dear!

Comment

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
              Not so much - it drains away via another part of the office. It builds up on the roof where this office joins to the next, then reaches a critical point where it becomes too much for the gutter to handle and then comes in as torrent straight down the wall - a bit like a tsunami version of a Japanese water wall effect. The wall in question is home to several electric heaters and a good number of power outlets.
              I've seen a similar thing on a building with, believe it or not, internal gutters in the roof... the waterfall effect was rather spectacular.

Though the tree wood window sills were never ever quite the same again.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                And he's only got little legs!
                That might explain why my arms drag on the ground.

Comment

Music Tech lot this afternoon...

At least they're polite.
                  Urgh.

Soldering fumes...

Urgh...

Comment

Originally posted by zara_backdog View Post
                    Think ours is Ok but the dogs barked earlier and when I looked outside a couple of tiles had come of the roof of the house over the road, thie son was outside looking where it/they had landed on the bonnet of his TT. He did not look happy.
                    Could have been worse, they could have landed on his head...

Comment

I've seen a similar thing on a building with, believe it or not, internal gutters in the roof... the waterfall effect was rather spectacular.

Though the tree wood window sills were never ever quite the same again.
                      Same here - and the damp smell takes an age to subside

Comment

Working...
                      X