• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
    Downstairs toilet plumbed in. Check.
    Tiles cut and put up. Check.
    Mrs DB cursing and swearing while trying to hang wallpaper. Check
    Remember why I rent, not own. Check.
    Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
      Roast chicken - om nom nom. And there's some left over for a snack later, to be consumed as we watch Lost.
      Tonight's dinner was a favourite: chicken and mushroom risotto. Very tasty. Very toothsome. Very filling. Very easy to eat.

Only one pan to wash up!
      Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post
        Is it co-incidence I craved the same?

Or is it merely a reaction to knowing the snow was coming...
        Snow?

@me scampers off to check weather forecast re: drive to and week in Yorkshire in the morning

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          Snow?

@me scampers off to check weather forecast re: drive to and week in Yorkshire in the morning
          Never mind the forecast; I'm typing past-tense.

In this bit of sunny Wiltshire, the snow started about an hour before dusk and continued, on and off until a couple of hours ago.

Comment

Originally posted by El_Diablo View Post
            It wasn’t until 1543 that it was proven that a human heart was not the same as an ape’s and that a man did not have one more rib than a woman.
            Men don't have a different number of ribs?

Half a millennia, and still being propogated. <shaking head smiley>

Comment

The new BBC weather site (which was only in Beta for a couple of weeks) seems to me to have a most counter-intuitive use of tabs in its UI - there's a tab at the start that isn't the initially-selected tab, then something that's in the tabset but isn't a tab, then more tabs which are the ones you're most likely to use

It uses the Beeb's new JavaScript library, Glow; that's very good, and I greatly enjoyed hearing lots about the nitty-gritty of it from some of the developers thereof at BarCampLondon4 last year.

Unfortunately, having one of the best JS libraries in the world isn't much good if you use it to implement a broken user interface

I would have stomped on the current implementation straightaway if they'd had the good grace to invite me to their UI design meetings. It sucks like a Dyson and fails like a hedge fund

IMHO, YMMV, HAND

Comment

Originally posted by El_Diablo View Post
                Our eyes can distinguish up to one million colour surfaces and take in more information than the largest telescope known to man.
                ... as opposed to those telescopes known to any of the following:
                • Aquahorrors
                • Bloomtors
                • Cluster Molders
                • Comettors of Vulcan
                • Flash Scorpions of Castor
                • Indigo Hawks of Algol Lambda
                • Memorydroids of The Undying Star
                • Multimantises of Algol
                • Quantum Illusionists of Alpha Bootis Five
                • River Fiends of Mercury
                • Swamp Watchers
                • Coronal Antilampreys
                • Heliodjinn
                • Liquid Oracles of Kochab Eleven
                • Necrotic Hunters of Uranus
                • Omniphantoms of Pluto
                • Speed Drakes of Alpha Bootis Epsilon
                • Web Hunters of Acamar Eight
                • Disk Hounds of Capella
                • Dreak Warlocks of Fomalhaut Iota
                • Electric Bugs of The Indigo Asteroid
                • Quasarvores
                • Schizotors of Mizar Nine
                • Xenoannihilators of The Resurrected Sphere

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                  I was soooo hungry that I ate a wrinkled old golden delicious that had been ripening away for about a month.

It was, oddly, very nice*.

*I detest Golden Delicious.
                  Must have been a Cape one then. The French & Italian are foul after a couple of weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by kanulondon View Post
                    1st post on this thread and in one swoop, I'm now etched in CUK history.......

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
                    1st of many and welcome
                    kanulondon 1
                    And there they were, gone.
                    Last edited by BrowneIssue; 9 March 2009, 06:09. Reason: Trypo

Comment

Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post
                      Men don't have a different number of ribs?

Half a millennia, and still being propogated. <shaking head smiley>
                      Back in the days when we got our information from ink on paper, I read in some novel that it's not too uncommon for men to have an extra rib, but that this occurs very infrequently in women.

As JKJ said very near the end of chapter 16 of Three Men in a Boat:
                      I am not in a position either to contradict or affirm this statement. I simply offer it.

Comment

Working...
                      X