• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmmm...

Twitter is over capacity
    Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

5* will be happy tonight: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...pe/7899591.stm

Comment

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
        Hmmm...
        Twitteriffic mate...
        "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
          Twitteriffic mate...
          A mate of mine once sent me a text message describing how he was "dropping the kids off at the pool" in great detail. I should be grateful it wasn't a voicemail with full sound effects.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
            Twitteriffic mate...
            Just give me a sec to Tweet that...

Comment

Right

Need my nicotine fix before bedtime and carry DS up to bed ( tempted to leave hime on the settee with the dog!)

See you later

Just call me Matron - Too many handbags

Comment

Originally posted by zara_backdog View Post
                Right

Need my nicotine fix before bedtime and carry DS up to bed ( tempted to leave hime on the settee with the dog!)

See you later

Night Zara

Switching off myself now - really need a proper early night

Comment

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
                  Don't you just hate it when that happens. Some years ago when DS1 was much younger I was lying on the sofa watching "Lake Placid" with him asleep on me. He just had to go and wake up as the croc bit a blokes head off didn't he. I tried to block his vision but to no avail - he was intent on watching it. Thankfully (or worryingly?) his reaction was along the lines of "cool!"

Children are a lot less sensitive to things than parents think.

When I was four years old the Aberfan disaster happened. This roughly co-incided with the time my Dad passed his driving test and bought a car.

For at least a year, whenever we went out for a drive and passed a slagheap (which was frequently when one ventured more than a few miles out of Liverpool in those days), I'd point at it and ask "Is that the one that fell on the school?" It never was, and after a while I grasped the fact that it happened in Wales, not somewhere near St Helens.

But we went to Wales on holiday the following summer.

So after a brief respite, I suddenly reverted to asking the question, as I was now seeing Welsh slagheaps, which were obvious candidates for the answer "Yes".

My Dad finally dinned it into my head that it happened in South Wales, and we were in North Wales.

And apparently driving to South Wales to see it wasn't an option

I remember how, after 9-11, loads of heart-wringing parents were reportedly seeking counselling for their children - even toddlers - because "they must have been so distressed, they need help to cope with the trauma of seeing it on the telly."

Classic case of projection if you ask me

Kids love blood and guts. I'm pretty sure I've posted something like this before here in TPD, but it probably bears repeating
                  Last edited by NickFitz; 26 February 2009, 01:06.

Comment

In other news, my Mum had to go back to hospital after collapsing this morning

Thanks to the abysmal mobile reception up here, I only found out when my phone perked up slightly down the pub this evening, and I was able to listen to a voicemail from my sister

A little while later, she was actually able to establish telephonic communication - although my phone's battery was nearly flat, as the phone spends all its time searching for a signal, and thus runs the battery flat very rapidly. Anyway, Mum will hopefully be coming home again in the morning, and the worst possible causes have been ruled out. It seems that it may be a minor complication not directly related to the surgery, but more to her existing medication needing adjustment.

So hopefully she'll be OK - fingers crossed: or but I don't know which yet

Comment

Touch wood she'll be ok.

It appears that you've not ceased your nocturnal ramblings...

Mind you, us old blokes don't need much sleep, do we?

Comment

Working...
                      X