• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quiet this morning. General is a bit slow too (that being a comment on the frequency of posts rather than mental agility of the posters).
    Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

This network is running so slowly at the moment that it makes my old 28.8 modem look like a greyhound.

I've got about half a dozen browser instances open & swap between each as they eventually do something...

Comment

Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post
        Got told I've got psoriasis.

Apparently it is not contagious or caused by self-pollution or an allergy to brewer's yeast.

Apparently it doesn't go away.

I was hoping it was something exotic ... and treatable.
        Sorry to hear that BI. I know others with this complaint, and I hear sunlight can help.

There are some other treatments listed on the semi-reliable Wikipedia - I don't fancy the sound of doctor fish or the Systemic treatments though.

Comment

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
          Hey Zara

How's it looking so far?
          OOh - Just been told I have a telephone interview this afternoon - better brush up on my none-existant knowledge of PDA's !
          Just call me Matron - Too many handbags

Comment

Sorry to hear that BI. I know others with this complaint, and I hear sunlight can help.
            Two week cruise in the Med booked for the start of April.

Hideous scarlet scabby rashes on my legs.

It wouldn't be fair on the other passengers for me to expose my white & red flesh in public. I'd look like a banker's blotter.

There are some other treatments listed on the semi-reliable Wikipedia - I don't fancy the sound of doctor fish or the Systemic treatments though.
            I am one of those who defends Wikipedia, despite all the flak it gets. But I'm not sure I'd go there for medical advice. Of all the dodgy rubbish on the 'net, the medical advice must be the hardest to filter the wheat intolerance from the chaffinch-liver-paste.
            Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Coal tar & UV lamp used to in there somewhere.

I remember a lady I worked with got rather badly burned by the UV lamp thingie... assymmetrically at that, so half her face was bright red & the other half wasn't... poor thing.

Comment

Originally posted by zara_backdog View Post
                OOh - Just been told I have a telephone interview this afternoon - better brush up on my none-existant knowledge of PDA's !
                My previous contract was a PDA development project - quite handy to have on the C.V. judging from the amount of enquiries I get about it.

Best of luck with the interview - is it a local gig?

Comment

Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post
                  I am one of those who defends Wikipedia, despite all the flak it gets. But I'm not sure I'd go there for medical advice. Of all the dodgy rubbish on the 'net, the medical advice must be the hardest to filter the wheat intolerance from the chaffinch-liver-paste.
                  I wouldn't be able to tell if any of the vast majority of articles were incorrect to be honest - I've only ever noted a couple of very minor inaccuracies. It has been interesting to follow some of the internal wranglings and controversy reported on El Reg though.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                    I remember a lady I worked with got rather badly burned by the UV lamp thingie... assymmetrically at that, so half her face was bright red & the other half wasn't... poor thing.
                    I'm not listening.

La la la la la.

I can't hear you.

I've got my fingers in my ears and I can't hear a thing no nothing at all.

Or maybe or even

Then again, red face, burned limbs and untouched hands & feet:

Or even
                    Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

BI - Try Neem Soap, from Neals Yard.

http://shop.nealsyardremedies.com/pr..._Soap_Handmade

My Dad has the flaky thingy and he swears by the stuff. It does stink a bit though....
                      Last edited by cailin maith; 23 February 2009, 11:40. Reason: I spelt Neem right!!
                      Bazza gets caught
                      Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Working...
                      X