• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
      Girls Aloud are so skinny!!
      The Sugababes are also skinny, but that still didn't stop them blocking the route from my desk past the pool table to the coffee machine when I was wrestling with a particularly thorny set-theory-related problem in XSLT at the radio studios in Bristol when they were doing the interview circuit prior to the release of Push the Button

Silly mares

Still, Heidi's simper and apologetic smile to me as I was getting my coffee helped me to forgive them - <- like that, but looking like Heidi

Comment

There was free curry in the pub tonight

It wasn't curry of any particular ilk - more a lamb stew with curry spices in it and boiled rice - but it was still very toothsome after the third pint

There was also a minor lock-in, hence my late return

Oh, and the landlord wants to know what I'd charge him to build the pub a web site - just a few pages, and the facility to update the grub menu every few days

Given that such a thing is pretty easy to knock together, and that I like the pub, I suspect he may get a bargain. To be honest, I might just knock something together over the weekend and, if it's all he needs, help him to set up the domain name and hosting and grab a few free beers off him. I don't suppose he's either expecting or willing to pay the kind of rates I extort from my clients, but it's a good pub and I don't mind doing him a favour, as long as it's understood that long-term support would cost an arm and a leg.

Then again, maybe I could develop a Plan B creating and maintaining web sites for small businesses. Although I seem to recollect that I've avoided doing exactly that in the past, on the grounds that it's boring

I prefer cutting edge, me...

Comment

The Pet Shop Boys.... outstanding contribution my ass!!!
          to

Comment

Girls Aloud are so skinny!!
            Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
            They need some meat in 'em.

WHS

Comment

19 February: A new factory has just opened.

Comment

another rubbish night sleep last night

My stomach must be rattling with the amount of pain killers I've been taking

Comment

I've just sent my first email of the day at clientco, waiting for response and then I can take action.
                  So in the mean time I will hobble downstairs for a cup of coffee and a bit of breakfast

Comment

Morning all

Comment

Population
                      2035 Revenues
                      471250 € Unemployment 1 %
                      Transport 98 %
                      Crime rate 3 %
                      Pollution 4 %

rank=319

time to update .sig

Comment