• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Evening!

Just got back from my jog. It was sooo hard...

But I now have a glass of white wine by my side, I'm going for a shower and then I'm nipping out to the local Chinese for a chow mein.

I'm slightly concerned about my feet, but I'll leave that question for when I get back...
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      Beef dripping is definitely FTW

I'm not sure about writing a guide - although maybe it would be as successful as Russell Davies's Egg Bacon Chips and Beans
      After our last visit to the Black Country Museum my mum bought me some beef dripping from her local butcher. I meant to "load" the deep fat fryer with it but never got around to it

Grimby Town FC always get a good contingent of away supporters at their home games as there is a very good chippy just outside the ground that uses beef dripping.
      Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        CM streaked round tpd!

That will teach you to wander off!!
        We'll be releasing a DVD of the video footage

Comment

Outlaw goes FRiday pm. Its a pity as everything runs alot smoother while she is here.
          My outlaw is very good in that respect too.

Its always good to shop around.
          Indeed - hoping to get some nice Quidco cashback by arranging some insurance with a new provider.

What were you doing in the kitchen? Does Mrs VF allow you in there?
          I was getting the baby a rusk at the time

Comment

Is that what you call a mash up or is that something else?

Comment

Hello

Just shouted a DD for being cheaky and she has been sent to her beadroom - feeling a little quilty

My Numpy is getting all nervous as I am leaving Friday and he has to pick up where I leave Friday.
              Just call me Matron - Too many handbags

Comment

Originally posted by zara_backdog View Post
                Hello
                Hey Zara

Just shouted a DD for being cheaky and she has been sent to her beadroom - feeling a little quilty
                Oh dear I feel the same way when I have to tell our kids off - I'm a complete wuss really

My Numpy is getting all nervous as I am leaving Friday and he has to pick up where I leave Friday.
                Make sure they have your phone number and callout rate

Comment

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
                  Make sure they have your phone number and callout rate
                  Done already VF, Mgr has my mobile number !

Asked if I would go back if and when things pick up, can't help but feel sorry for some of the staff who have been put on a short working week

Pimpette not too happy either as she was hoping I would get extended as they were really pleased with me.

DD is speaking to her Biological father on the phone - bet she is slagging me off a little
                  Just call me Matron - Too many handbags

Comment

Done already VF, Mgr has my mobile number !

Asked if I would go back if and when things pick up, can't help but feel sorry for some of the staff who have been put on a short working week

Pimpette not too happy either as she was hoping I would get extended as they were really pleased with me.
                    Sounds like you'll be welcome back there when things pick up. Any other leads yet?

DD is speaking to her Biological father on the phone - bet she is slagging me off a little
                    How old is she?

Comment

Is that what you call a mash up or is that something else?
                      Sort of. If there was an online directory of chip shops, including all their addresses, one could take the data from that and combine it with Google's geocoding service to get the latitude and longitude of each one, then use that data to plot it on a Google map.

Then, one might do something like getting the WoE ("Where on Earth") data from Yahoo GeoPlanet so that you could cluster them together when the map was zoomed out, to give an overview of how many chip shops there were in different counties.

So that would be mashing up the chip shop data, the geocoding data, the WoE data, and the map imagery to get the result.

The thing that makes it a mashup is that it involves automatically gathering data from multiple sources over the Net, and combining it all to produce something interesting

Comment

Working...
                      X