• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
    Good thanks, not achieving much today but all is well.

The grout really transforms it - got much left to do after that?
    just painting and floor tiles.

we have friends stopping over next weekend so no doubt I'll have to get things ship shape for then.

The floor should be going down weekend after next

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      Is a tiler supposed to do that?

Comment

Oh, FFS

I haven't commenced working through an agency for nearly four years now - the last one I was with for nearly two years, then my gigs in London were direct.

They've sent me a load of bumph which I've got to fill in and return to them before I can be paid, including a load of stuff about proving my eligibility to work in the UK

Presumably an expired passport still proves one is a British citizen

Comment

ok so I've ripped a couple of DVD's using dvdshrink and I've got the following AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS.

What is the best app for writing to DVD ?

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
            ok so I've ripped a couple of DVD's using dvdshrink and I've got the following AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS.

What is the best app for writing to DVD ?
            I use cyberlink power2go : came free on my laptop. I bet that does not help you much.....

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              Oh, FFS

I haven't commenced working through an agency for nearly four years now - the last one I was with for nearly two years, then my gigs in London were direct.

They've sent me a load of bumph which I've got to fill in and return to them before I can be paid, including a load of stuff about proving my eligibility to work in the UK

Presumably an expired passport still proves one is a British citizen
              Or use your driving licence.

Comment

I now have at least 37575 posts in total.

non-lr 13170
                tpd 20416
                jokes 1359
                counting 2630

As there are 763154 posts on cuk I have made nearly 5% of the total!

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                  Or use your driving licence.
                  Their letter says that if I'm British but don't have a passport, they need a copy of my birth certificate and something with my NI number on it

I haven't got a clue where my birth certificate is - it's somewhere in the flat, but I don't know where

They can have (copies of) an expired passport, a current driving licence and an old P45 - if that isn't good enough for them I'll threaten to walk off the client's site

Comment

right I'm going downstairs to check on the kids.

Have a good night

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      Their letter says that if I'm British but don't have a passport, they need a copy of my birth certificate and something with my NI number on it

I haven't got a clue where my birth certificate is - it's somewhere in the flat, but I don't know where

They can have (copies of) an expired passport, a current driving licence and an old P45 - if that isn't good enough for them I'll threaten to walk off the client's site
                      I once threw away my birth certificate by accident. getting hold of a copy was fun.

Comment

Working...
                      X