• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's a 1.2l Renault Clio ffs. Group 3 Insurance!
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Even after he's passed his test it only goes down a couple of hundred quid.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
        Going back to the thread about dealing with teenagers, a warning to those just getting started. If you were ever planning on letting them drive on your insurance start saving now!

Just been quoted £1993 for third party insurance for son to drive our second car on his provisional license.
        I just had a sudden spasm in my wallet

DS1 this week sprung the school ski trip for next year on us - 800 notes it is, and that doesn't include the cost of hiring a few items.
        Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

And the car is only worth a few hundred more than that anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
            < bangs head on table >

Register your point of view via the medium of email, then just think of the money.
            Retesting it at the moment to check that I'm right.

Then I will do, and watch the rest of the management team run around in circles before deciding that it's not really that big a deal, they can live with it, it will pass audit and security checking, HR will be fine with it, and insist on going live so that they can get paid quickly and fix it on an expensive change control in a few weeks.

Maybe they aren't so stupid really, but I have more professional pride than to put my name to this PoS solution.
            Best Forum Advisor 2014
            Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
            Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
              I just had a sudden spasm in my wallet

DS1 this week sprung the school ski trip for next year on us - 800 notes it is, and that doesn't include the cost of hiring a few items.
              Had that one last year. £1200 all in for a week in the US. He had a better holiday than we did!

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                Had that one last year. £1200 all in for a week in the US. He had a better holiday than we did!
                This one is a week in Austria - I'm not sure they will get enough interest to actually do the trip given the current doom and gloom though, so we may get out of it that way.

I'd rather spend the dosh on a family trip away to Center Parcs (sic) to be honest.
                Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Arse, just realised I left my lunch at home and I have no cash.

Will have to go and grovel to the canteen girlies.

Comment

At least it is an in house one so they are more sympathetic.

Comment

Good morning all!

Morning CM!

Churchill checking in!

Comment

Working...
                      X