• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
    Finally got my laptop back today, and the keyboard looks much better. Hopefully I'll get a good few months (or years) use out of it now.

Days...

Comment

Originally posted by zara_backdog View Post
      I have 2 apples, 2 Bananas and a tangerine on my desk, now which shall I go for first

- Not even 09:00 and I am bored Cigarette, a cup of tea of both - oh decisions decisions) - at least I have my own little office here so there is no one looking over my shoulder.

Hum - Cigarette I think, which means I have to put my hard hat on to go across the car-park
      Grab a bar of chocolate on your way back!
      Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
        Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...

Poached century...

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...
        I love the smell of century in the morning (<- cigar)

Comment

Originally posted by Bear View Post

Morning all

How are we?
          Hey Bear

How's things?

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
            Wassup FaQ? Other than being at ClientCo anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
              Grab a bar of chocolate on your way back!
              hum - Miles away from the vending machine and they have no canteen
              Just call me Matron - Too many handbags

Comment

Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post
                It's where you can send a packet of ASCII stuff down yer simplex wireless phone line to someone else's pocket teletype machine.

I think that's about right. A 'mobile phone' is a sort of portable teletype. But without the keyboard. Or permanent record of output. But you can still use the handset to talk to someone. But you can't run any decent programs on it (like ADVENT). And you can't open one remotely as a print or data capture device. And the data transfer speed hasn't changed much.

I think.
                Gosh.

Thanks for that... and I assume that the keys are a bit easier to type on than the ones on the ASR33?

Presumably it doesn't need 110V and a current loop interface to work...

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post

Days...
                  On further inspection the keyboard may not live up to my initial analysis - the right hand side of it is very loose. I will seek an independant review.

Comment

My order for the new hob and extractor fan got canceled yesterday, so I was looking at other places to order.
                    I was going to order with empire direct, but for some reason I didn't.

I'm glad I never now

Comment

Originally posted by zara_backdog View Post
                      hum - Miles away from the vending machine and they have no canteen

I just came out in a cold sweat. Being stranded miles from a vending machine - that's the stuff of nightmares that is.

Comment

Working...
                      X